Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

creating a new schematic part using pads logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to create a connector (050R36-152B) to use in my schematic. In order to create it do I do this in Pads Logic or Pads Layout?

I found one resource online that shows how to create a part using pads layout but its not for connectors

https://www.people.vcu.edu/~rhklenke/tutorials/PADS/PADS_Tutorial_New_Part/NewPartType.html .

But first i need to know what is the correct process. Would I create new connector part using pads logic or using pads layout.

You need both a schematic part and a layout part. The schematic part just needs to have the correct number of pins-you would customize it on the schematic to reference the appropriate part/decal in Layout. There is probably already a connector with the proper number of pins in Logic.

In other words, you don't need a separate schematic part for every different 6-pin connector, you just customize it on the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back