Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matching 3D vies of resistor on pads with stackup table question

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,I have this schematics of a footprint, we have all these layers which represented by a color.
yellow- is top overlay called silk screen
red-copper top layer pad where we solder the component
purple-top paste layer,the place where the solder will be placed on the pads
no color- top solder layer
I dont know how to actually visualize in real life thos layers.
silk screen with top solder etc..
Is there some manual or videowhere i can see the process of layers in real life?
Thanks.

1687965393970.png

Yes, some of the online resources available may help you visualize and understand the process of layers in real life.
  1. Online video tutorials or demonstrations like YouTube, Coursera, or Udemy may help you.
  2. Books like The Printed Circuits Handbook may help you to understand the detailed explanations of the PCB design and manufacturing process.
  3. Also, read some articles where PCB design and manufacturing are discussed. Use websites like AllAboutCircuit.

Hello, i would like to match the visual 3D photo shown below and the 2D with the stackup
from 3d there is a resistor on pads.
i cannot see from the stackup in the end the 3D form.
is there some intuition i could use?
Thanks.

1688127578160.png

1688127597872.png

1688127614219.png

The 3D image is generated from a library of component step models. The models don't show automatically in the mechanical layers of the PCB design. If your design has an assembly drawing layer it will usually show a 2D view of the components. The question is specific to the used PCB tool, is it Altium Designer?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back