Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS kp and kn for 0.18um technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos kn

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what are kn and kp for 0.18 um technology for TSMC?
Is it possible to determine kp and kn from spectre (spice) models?

-Jayson

cmos kp

You can run some DC sweep simulation and extract it if you like.

kn of 0.18um tsmc

How should I configure the circuit to perform the DC sweep?

-Jayson

kn spice cmos

You can try this way:
Fix you Vgs, and sweep the Vds, and you measure the Id.
Id~ K(W/L)(Vgs-Vth)^2*(1+lambda*Vds)
Use you data to make a curve fitting (linear curve fitting), and the intercept point will determine the K, while the slope will determine the product of K and lambda .
Hope that works.

tsmc 0.18um k

Hi,

I had also the same problem and formula derived in tht way seems to be ofeten failing. So I often do the parametric analysis to plot the Ouput Characterisitcs of the deivce and set the corresponidng values.

cmos lambda for 0.18um technology

if you short your drain and gate and apply an idea current source in drain, you will be able to measure your kn knowing the current you set and VGS and Vt can be found by "printing DC operating point"

for nmos it is about 380 uA/V^2
for pmos it is about 80 uA/V^2

note that the method which i proposed ignore the channel lenght modulation, so for small current (eg 50uA), you will have a higher kn to compensate your channel length modulation which increases the current.

formula kn o kp cmos

This is indeed a rather tricky issue for submicron devices. Smallest device sizes deliver a totally different Kp, Kn than calculated from m*Cox...

I assume that the reason is to find in the difference between Leff and L for smaller devices. Bigger devices don't suffer from this discrepancy that much.

cmos 0.18um cox

BSIM3V3 model parameter U0 means mobility of Temp=Tnom.

so, when Temp=Tnom

Kp=U0p*Cox*W/L
Kn=U0n*Cox*W/L

kn and kp cmos

Robert Qi said:
BSIM3V3 model parameter U0 means mobility of Temp=Tnom.

so, when Temp=Tnom

Kp=U0p*Cox*W/L
Kn=U0n*Cox*W/L

For as far as I know, is Kp defined as U0p*Cox, whereas BETAp is defined as U0p*Cox*W/L. Same conclusions go for Kn, BETAn...

0.18um cmos technology parameters vt

you are right.
some book marks kp'=U*Cox, and Kp=U*Cox*W/L. I means Kp is β here.

kp and kn in cmos

I'm also working on it now, thank you very much!

i need width and length for 0.18um technology ?

Re: cmos lambda for 0.18um technology

I did the calculation
this is correct
for my parameters
Kn = 371
Kp = 87

vtshift said:
if you short your drain and gate and apply an idea current source in drain, you will be able to measure your kn knowing the current you set and VGS and Vt can be found by "printing DC operating point"

for nmos it is about 380 uA/V^2
for pmos it is about 80 uA/V^2

note that the method which i proposed ignore the channel lenght modulation, so for small current (eg 50uA), you will have a higher kn to compensate your channel length modulation which increases the current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back