Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c language for micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linux developers are now including code that uploads sections of your data to the internet to (unknown) locations without most people even knowing its happening. Ubuntu was one of the first to start doing this.

Hi

I would be very interested to read any article or recourse on that subject, can you please suggest any links.

Thank you
Alex

Hi,
Just my 2cents.If I may ask why do you say you know C well?.Do you know C on a micro pc, min, mainframe, I ask because then I can draw a comparison to what you know and what you want to do with your pic micro
The reason for the 4 bit lcd interface is to save IO pins so instead of 8 for data one can use 4 for data but you break up the commands and characters in nibbles so you send 2 x 4 bit instead of 1 x 8 bits to the lcd
The lcd has it's own controller most are hitachi clone's so the command are mostly the same but some have timing differences.To get back to your C you can write you own libraries if you have time but there are a lot of designs with free C code for lcd the best is to get the datasheet of the lcd you want to use and have a look at the command's you have to use to initialize it etc.The language you code in is what you are comfortable with.The C in linux or window's is sort of the same even at low level you make call's to a device driver etc. the driver will talk to your drive, graphics adapter etc. but you can write your own nvidia cuda driver and use the GPU to to some linear algebra it al depend's what you want to do.There are ton's of tutorial's on the net just "nigel 8bit lcd tutorial"

Enjoy

If you go for Basic and Atmel like AVR series.
life will be much easier to communicate with LCD.
you have write only
very nice IDE and built-in simulator to simulate LCD

just write

LCDbus 4
lcd "Hello World"

Checkout Home - MCS Electronics

Last edited:

Hi,
I use BASIC (mikroBASIC), but it's also possible in C, as the same library functions are available in mikroC. I also like the fact that mikroBASIC can be used for PIC (12,16,18,24,30,33,32) and AVR(Classic,Tiny,Mega), so I can use the same set of compilers with the same syntax for various microcontrollers.

Check this out at MikroElektronika - Development tools, Compilers, Books

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back