Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c language for micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwailen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
i need to learn c language for micro controller programming
any good books or websites u advice me to use
thanks in advance

Hi,
Check out www.mikroe.com.
They have a free compiler (with 2k program word limit) and a free book on how to use it.
I've personally found the mikroC compiler very good.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

You could try Microchip for compilers and an operating environment. They have a good selection.
Also, try a search for Notepad+, It is a free text editor that has colour setting for different sytles of coding like C, Basic and Assembler.

is the micro controller programing same as pic programming ?

PIC is a family of microcontrollers from Microchip company.

I can help you learning the AVR (from Atmel) family. If you are interested send me a private message.

alwailen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello.
check here http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/ is free compiler

SDCC is a retargettable, optimizing ANSI - C compiler that targets the Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390, Zilog Z80 and the Motorola 68HC08 based MCUs. Work is in progress on supporting the Microchip PIC16 and PIC18 series. SDCC is Free Open Source Software, distributed under GNU General Public License (GPL).

Is there any IDE, that allows you to include this compiler in?

Ya sure. PIC is the controller of Microchip!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thatz all.........
Regards,
Jerin. :)

I decided to use SDCC in Piklab (Ubuntu). Is there any manual, that teaches you using this compiler, like ccs manual? In this one, there are just some instructions how to install it and blah blah blah..nothing usefull, like how to use lcd or something.

I forgot to mention..I am programming with PIC microcontrollers

I decided to use SDCC in Piklab (Ubuntu). Is there any manual, that teaches you using this compiler, like ccs manual? In this one, there are just some instructions how to install it and blah blah blah..nothing usefull, like how to use lcd or something.

I think you are asking multiple questions here without realising it.

If I'm reading your thread correctly you may be asking:

1. For a tutorial on the C language

2. A tutorial on a specific implementation of C

3. Instructions on how to use an LCD with C

All of these are very different questions and you may have to go to
different locations to get help.

In particular it is unlikely that you C compiler will help you with LCD programming at all unless it is part of a packaged system.

Given that you are using Linux I doubt that would be the case (but I may be wrong of course)

My advice if you are able to choose would be to go to the MikroElectronica
web site and download their free C compiler. It includes a software debugger.

This also includes a full excelent IDE and LCD libraries.
Using the libraries will work as an excelent tutorial.
This is even more helpfull as they have written a tutorial book which
they have put online free in HTML form to read. I highly recommend
having a look at this.

I realise that not everyone can pay for their compiler but the free version
is fully functional and will be enough to do more than what you are asking.
I have found them to be a very generous company.

After doing this you will be in a better position to use a lower quality
compiler/environment if you choose.

jack

Just look over google man. You will get it in plenty.........
Regards,
Jerin.

I don't think we are on same frequency. First of all, I must say, that I know C language pretty good, but I don't have much experience in C as microcontroller programing. SDCC has required libraries, but always, there is something, that you need to look for on the internet. Ok, forget about manual. Let's go to specific problem. I need some library for 8-bit comunnication with LCD 2x16 and PIC microcontroller. All I can find on internet is 4-bit communication, like nobody uses 8-bit one. I don't get it. Will I have to write it myself?
And thank you for all previous posts.

forget about manual.

I don't get it.

you didn't get it because you didn't read the @#$%# manual first.

There are build in library functions for several operations in a C compiler named MikroC. Just refer to it & you can find the LCD build in functions there.Download the compiler,Read the manual of MikroC & start coding.Check out this link.
Compilers - mikroElektronika.
Regards,
Jerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back