Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c language for micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid, that this compiler can not be ran on Linux OS.

There are build in library functions for several operations in a C compiler named MikroC. Just refer to it & you can find the LCD build in functions there.Download the compiler,Read the manual of MikroC & start coding.Check out this link.
Compilers - mikroElektronika.
Regards,
Jerin.

Dear friend,

now a days I m trying to learn mircoC but it seems very difficuilt to me, yet I m trying my best. Can you tell me how can I easily understand programming in mircoC???? secondly I want to ask that I have Mazidi's book in which C programming is tought,,,, is the C language in mazidi book is mircoC???? How C languages are different in different compilers??? and why or they have slitley change??????? I mean microC, CCS etc..... Please help in this regards. What is the different of programming in microC between PIC microcontroller and ATMEL microcontroller. are they same????????????????????

best regards

1) If you have knowledge in C programming & don't know how to code using MikroC refer the compiler manual & do have patience to read & understand things.Ten try to do small programs,compile it & execute it in a controller & verify.Still any doubt persists post it here & we'll surely help you.

2) The C instructions for 8051 & PIC are the same & have no difference.The only difference between coding in 8051 & PIC in C is that we include the supporting files for the controllers of 8051 while coding (as given in Mazidi) & we simply do code in C as in case of PIC where there is no need of including supporting files.So for C coding for 8051 we use Keil-C compiler & for PIC we use MikroC,Hi-tech C,CCS etc.

So the inclution of supporting files in 8051 controllers are the only difference between C coding of PIC & 8051 while the rest all are the same BUT differences ARE there in the compiler settings for both of them.
Regards,
Jerin. :)

Thank you very much for your reply. I want to ask that Mazidi book also explain programming in C is that microC???????

I have downloaded microC from site, is it free or it is free for some time???

regards

I have downloaded microC from site, is it free or it is free for some time???

I honestly think that if you cannot find the answer to the question above, you really are better off doing something that's less challenging than programming.

I really not understand what you mean by saying that????

I really not understand what you mean by saying that????

millwood is telling you to read the documentation.
Programming REQUIRES the reading of large amounts of documentation very carefully.

To answer your question - the MikroC compiler is free. It doesn't time out and you can use it for any purpose including commercial.
It is a full featured relese of their commercial one with full documention
and excelent IDE and tools. I doubt you will get better anywhere else
which is why I always suggest it.

The limitation is on the size of program you can compile with it.
However this is a very generous size all things considered and you can do some
very good work with it. Even though I registered one of my first projects
could have been done within the free compile size.
(and lets be honest - for those on a very tight budget -
without too much emphasis - C generates .OBJ files)

You will also find their support is second to none (that I know of)

jack

I want to ask that Mazidi book also explain programming in C is that microC???????

The C program explained in the book Mazidi is about Keil-C which is the compiler for burning code to 8051 controller & not for PIC controllers.
Regards,
Jerin.

best source for micro programming language is the compiler help .
u can learn your programming language with this way in detiles.
goog luck.

one of the good book was : 8051 programming with c -muhammed ali mazidi & mazidi :its great and easy to understand

but compilers are different with together.it means if u want learn 8051 compiler it have spatial statment that u cant use them for other compilers.i advise learn mikroc compiler for PIC or CCS for PIC or codvision for AVR microcontrollers.

but compilers are different with together.it means if u want learn 8051 compiler it have spatial statment that u cant use them for other compilers.i advise learn mikroc compiler for PIC or CCS for PIC or codvision for AVR microcontrollers.

hi everyone...
can u teach me how to use 4x3 keypad interfacing in zilog..
im currently using Z8F6421 and in C language

tnx!!

I am afraid, that this compiler can not be ran on Linux OS.

Hi,
I'm trying out Linux and everything's so awsome. I just ran Proteus and mikroC. Using the Ubuntu Software Centre or Synaptic, download WINE and install it. Then run mikroC with WINE. Runs quite nicely except the help file seems slightly messed up in Ubuntu, but you can make do with that.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi,
I'm trying out Linux and everything's so awsome. I just ran Proteus and mikroC. Using the Ubuntu Software Centre or Synaptic, download WINE and install it. Then run mikroC with WINE. Runs quite nicely except the help file seems slightly messed up in Ubuntu, but you can make do with that.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Have you checked to see if it is secretly uploading copies of all your code
to an unknown "cloud" server?

jack

Hi,
I haven't checked but if I don't have important codes, I couldn't care any less. However, if I had commercial or confidential stuff, it's a different story. Can you explain this "cloud" server thing?

hi everyone im a newbie in microcontroller..

and im currently dealing with zilog specifically z8f6421

and im having a hard time fixing my problem

my problem are:
1. how to interface the 4x3 keypad in zilog and how the code goes
2. what if i pressed 1 in the keypad the output in the seven segment would be 0001 and if i pressed 2 thw output is 0012

thank you

Hi,
I haven't checked but if I don't have important codes, I couldn't care any less. However, if I had commercial or confidential stuff, it's a different story. Can you explain this "cloud" server thing?

Linux developers are now including code that uploads sections of your data to the internet to (unknown) locations without most people even knowing its happening. Ubuntu was one of the first to start doing this.
Linux is no longer usable IMO. I have uninstalled all of my Linux systems as there is no longer any advantage over M$. I just don't need the added agro
or the security breach built in.

As far as I'm concerned so called "cloud computing" is organised criminal hacking.

People with "nothing to hide" are always the enablers that allow
the worst excesses to occur in any situation.

jack

Reactions: Tahmid

Tahmid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back