Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth RF Transceiver and baseband controler borad design

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluetest pdf csr

There are some power saving mode built in CSR. But the "power" management need be considered for portable device such as headset.It should handle battery d2d conversion and On/OFF function for saving energy. Only management for power not for CSR.

csr bc2 audio flash

Oh,I see.
I donot know if the CSR have a powerdown mode.
Or u just control the power supply for it ?
If so , I think , the control must be total functional that include both baseband and power.

bluetooth transceiver

antipattern,
can u tell me,by using casira kit,can i use it to develop an application for printer.currently,i'm doing the reserch on bluetooh,and i just started to observe this technology.
so pls give some suggestion on doing an printer application,such as:
1.tools to be used
2.chips or module to be used
3.profile,
and etc..

thank you

csr bluelab download

I do not want to use the protocols provided by CSR which may be charged. I want to use my own protocols edit by my classmates, and write them into the ROM . But we only have the upper protocols to HCI, so we must use the CSR HCI protocol.
Can we mix our protocols and the CSR HCI into one firmware ? How ?
Thank U.

csr bluez certification

CSR Class2 module

Just for ref to all you out there playing with bluetooth.

First lets put things into perspective

Forget BC01 that is now old hat, do not design it in.

Modules based on CSR BC2 class1 and 2 are both 4 layer FR4 designs.
There is as yet no BC3 or BC4.

BC2 is uart and or USB. (BC2 Rom has internal Rom)(BC2 Audio has internal Codec).

To connect to computer all you need is the USB drivers from CSR.
A module made using the free CSR gerber files (And a chip)
A cable to connect from the module to the USB port.

The Casira and Microsira are development platforms for use when trial interfacing with other bluetooth solutions or when developing software.

And yes BC2 does have power saving modes when being used in a headset.

That is it very simple, All thanks to CSR for the free stuff andd long may it continue

Does this help
Phil

baseband bluetooth module schematics

philpage,
Thank U.
What do U mean "free stuff " ? The gerb files ? Have U ever use them to make Ur own PCB board ? Is it convenient to buy the components such as flash ,crystal and bluecore ?
Do U have bluelab ?
I can not link to FM1 now, can U E-mail it to me ?
liutongxx@163.com
Thank U.

transceiver vs baseband

CSR give away gerber schematics, gerber files and a bom to enable customers to build a class2 module that can be used for testing with.
You may also copy that layout directly into your own design ( This is highly recommended by CSR as they have done all the hard work in getting the RF layout right.

I also understand that if you are asupported customer ytou can get the class1 files under concession. These files are to be copied into your design and not used for direct manufacture.

Csr also give away a number of example designs (Schematics) which they
have already built and tested and are happy with.

And I do not have Bluelab, No need for it in what I do

Hope this helps.
Phil :lol:

csr bc4 headset with bluez

Can I substitute my own stack (over HCI, i.e. SDP,RFcomm,...)for CSR's in firmware by Bluelab ?

For I donot want to pay for the CSR's stack while I already have my own one that many of my classmates write it in C under ucLinux.

If not, what can I do with my own stack ? Just discard it ? It have taken my classmates much more time to implement .

Thank U all.

schematics for a bluetooth transceiver

A module from ALPS

MrEd

New Products Information ALPS ELECTRIC CO.,LTD.
----------------------------------------------- www3.alps.co.jp

<<Bluetooth(TM) Module UGXZ2 Series>>
Small,thin and light; 10(W) x 10(D) x 1.9(H)mm and volume of 0.2 ml.

Features:
*Industry's smallest, thinnest, lightest class, with outline
dimensions of 10(W) x 10(D) x 1.9(H)mm, volume of 0.2 ml
based on our unique RF design and highdensity packaging technology
such as bear-chip packaging.
*Low power consumption.
*UART interface supported.
*Built-in flash memory.
*Bluetooth(TM) specification Ver.1.1 compliant.
*2.8 V single supply voltage input with integrated regulator.

Applications:
*Mobile phones, PCs, Personal Digital Assistances, Terminal Adaptors,
Digital Cameras, Printers,and Other Peripheral Devices.

**broken link removed**

bluetooth transceiver schematics

YellowTooth
To my experiece, when you buy a CSR based module, it is already programmed with the standard firmware issued by CSR.
You don't need to pay CSR anything. You would use HCI to communicate with the chip. There are a few issues that you must
be aware of. Like most companies, CSR does not get involved with companies unless they want huge numbers of their chips.
There are a group of commands called manufacturer specific commands which you will not have access to unless you've
bought a Casira development kit. There are several tools for communicating with the chip's persistant store and also firmware upgrades are regularly posted on their secure site which is accesable by casira owners.

Bluelab is a development tool for very basic small applications to run on Bluecore itself and if you are using an external
stack then it is no good to you.

Are you aware as good as the code from your class mates may be, you can not really call it bluetooth unless it's been qualified.

JJ

bluetooth rf test hci command

junglejenny,
Thank U very much.
It seems that in the CSR' flash, there R not only HCI but also upper protocols like SDP, RFcom.
If only use HCI of CSR, it is of course free, but if use uppper protocols, must pay for them.
For I donot want to use our own MPU and Flash , SDRAM, etc., they R so big that I cannot place them into a small board.
So I want to use CSR' MPU in the module to implement our own upper protocols.
Then I must use Bluelab.
And Bluelab is not for custom's own protocols stack(including uppper protocols over HCI) but just for application development? What application ? Can Access Point appliction be OK ?
Does this mean that we all must use the CSR's protocols stack if we use CSR's BT module without outer MPU ? And our own protocols stack is no longer be used at all ? Then what work we have done on stack programming in ucLinux is worthless and we have to pay for CSR'stack ?

Do U have any idea ?

When I install Bluelab on win2000,it said "Cygwin"may be installed first.
I do not know what "Cygwin" is and where to find.

Best regards.

bluecore02-external datasheet

Hi guys,

I am embarking upon an experiment with CSR BC2 module using the UART interface. I know of many applications / drivers that use the module under win98 / linux. My application requires the module to work with an 8bit MCU (8051).

Is there a simple set of commands I can use on the serial port of the 8051 to set up a pico-net with 5 other similar modules connected to 8051 processors ?

Is there some sort of a simple commands (like modem AT commands) that can be issued over the serial port of the 8051 to initalize the module and get connected ?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Smokey

bluesuite pstool download

Smokey,
Nice 2 meet U here.
How aout Ur GSM antenna ?

And I am interest in what U want to do by 8051.
Especially how to run so many protocols on so small a MCU.

Thank U .

bluetooth transceiver chip price

Smokey said:
Hi guys,

I am embarking upon an experiment with CSR BC2 module using the UART interface. I know of many applications / drivers that use the module under win98 / linux. My application requires the module to work with an 8bit MCU (8051).

Is there a simple set of commands I can use on the serial port of the 8051 to set up a pico-net with 5 other similar modules connected to 8051 processors ?

Is there some sort of a simple commands (like modem AT commands) that can be issued over the serial port of the 8051 to initalize the module and get connected ?

Hi Smokey.

As yet there are no low level commands that can be issued to a dumb BC2 module via uart that will make it do its stuff.
But do not panic that is being worked on because other people are wanting that feature.

Phil

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Smokey

uart if bluelab example

I think that ,
now the CSR's module has stack on it , I can just use 89C51(8051) and UART controller such as MAX3100 or PC16550 to interface to it.
Can I ???

bluetooth bluecore01m

Hi Yellowtooth !

I gave up on the idea of a GSM Antenna on the PCB - used a regular L-type whip antenna - works well - project completed - everybody happy !

On the Bluetooth front, I want to use the bluetooth module as a black box - I have read the BlueCore Serial Protocol (BCSP) datasheet. This is the closest to what I need at the moment - but still requires a lot of software on the host MCU. The AT Command option would be really cool !

BTW, has anybody evaluated the Broadcomm single chip solution (BCM2033) ? How does it compare with the CSR BC2 ?

Does anyboady have any UART protocol data for the BCM2033 ? do they have anything similar to CSR's BCSP ?

Rgds,

Smokey

message.h csr bluelab

Hi Phil,

It looks like you have some inside info on what's cooking at CSR ... in this regard do you know the status of the BC-2 Class 1 solution ? is it ready ? released ? ..

I need a class 1 solution for the extra range (100m). I am not able to find a BC-2 solution that is ready .. I believe BCM2033 based modules are ready now ..

.. any timelines on the availability of the `AT' commands on the BC-2 ? .. this will be a killer app / reason for making people want to use BT !!

Rgds,

Smokey

example csr bluelab

Smokey said:
Hi Yellowtooth !

I gave up on the idea of a GSM Antenna on the PCB - used a regular L-type whip antenna - works well - project completed - everybody happy !

On the Bluetooth front, I want to use the bluetooth module as a black box - I have read the BlueCore Serial Protocol (BCSP) datasheet. This is the closest to what I need at the moment - but still requires a lot of software on the host MCU. The AT Command option would be really cool !

BTW, has anybody evaluated the Broadcomm single chip solution (BCM2033) ? How does it compare with the CSR BC2 ?

Does anyboady have any UART protocol data for the BCM2033 ? do they have anything similar to CSR's BCSP ?

Rgds,

Smokey

Hi Smokey.

It does not work :-?
The power output is quite poor and the software interface is poor.
It only has an E2prom interface so forget haveing 8Mb of sofware.
It also needs a large amount of external components to make it work as
well as a BC2.

Let me know how you fare with it.

Phil :eek:

forum casira schematic

Smokey said:
Hi Phil,

It looks like you have some inside info on what's cooking at CSR ... in this regard do you know the status of the BC-2 Class 1 solution ? is it ready ? released ? ..

I need a class 1 solution for the extra range (100m). I am not able to find a BC-2 solution that is ready .. I believe BCM2033 based modules are ready now ..

.. any timelines on the availability of the `AT' commands on the BC-2 ? .. this will be a killer app / reason for making people want to use BT !!

Rgds,

Smokey
Hi Smokey, As far as I am aware the BC2 class1 4 layer design using the SiGe PA is available now. It is not a design you can just go and get made.
You should copy it and track your signals into the module area where the connections stop.
You may have to get it under concession from CSR.
I am assured that the low level comands are being worked on right now as we speak. I should expect some info fairly soon, I believe there are a number of other people also waiting for that info.

Phil 8)

bluetooth transceiver ru

BC02 based class1 (+12dBm typ.) HCI-Module e.g. ALPS UGXZ1X1__A (USB), UGXZ1X2__A (BCSP), UGXZ1X7__A (H4), but i think, it's still preliminary, because i have no samples yet

Status
Not open for further replies.