Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Reader Design

core_aaditya

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design RFID Reader for my Library automation project.
I need one RFID reader module design for Check in Check out station and one reader module for dropbox system for only returning books.
please any one have idea regarding this?

Are you asking to design an RFID reader from scratch or how to implement an existing product to serve your purpose?
Using an existing product is far easiest, basically all you need is a module and some kind of database to keep records of transactions and some tags to go in the books or be kept by the person borrowing them.

Brian.

Are you asking to design an RFID reader from scratch or how to implement an existing product to serve your purpose?
Using an existing product is far easiest, basically all you need is a module and some kind of database to keep records of transactions and some tags to go in the books or be kept by the person borrowing them.

Brian.
I want to design RFID reader from scratch.

Designing from scratch might be difficult, I would seriously advise using readily available and cheap modules but your own software to operate your library.

If you want to do it yourself, the first thing to do is study how passive RFID works, it isn't as simple as a two way radio link because the passive (tag) side has no permanent power supply, it relies upon induced current from the transmitter to power itself then imposes a modulated load to transmit back. The protocols are not as simple as they seem and you need experience of small resonant antennas and electromagnetic radiation patterns.

How many books are you proposing to fit with tags? You may only need one reader but each book will need its own unique tag so beware of the likely costs.

Brian.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: