Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] All Interview Questions - Open Thread - Please Contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
interview questions on microcontroller 8051

and do you smoke ??? lol.

What is a Microprocessor?
Microprocessor is a program-controlled device, which fetches the instructions from memory, decodes and executes the instructions. Most Micro Processor are single- chip devices.
Give examples for 8 / 16 / 32 bit Microprocessor?
8-bit Processor - 8085 / Z80 / 6800; 16-bit Processor - 8086 / 68000 / Z8000; 32-bit Processor - 80386 / 80486.
Why 8085 processor is called an 8 bit processor?
Because 8085 processor has 8 bit ALU (Arithmetic Logic Review). Similarly 8086 processor has 16 bit ALU.
What is 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th generation processor?
The processor made of PMOS / NMOS / HMOS / HCMOS technology is called 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th generation processor, and it is made up of 4 / 8 / 16 / 32 bits.
Define HCMOS?
High-density n- type Complimentary Metal Oxide Silicon field effect transistor.
What does microprocessor speed depend on?
The processing speed depends on DATA BUS WIDTH.
Is the address bus unidirectional?
The address bus is unidirectional because the address information is always given by the Micro Processor to address a memory location of an input / output devices.
Is the data bus is Bi-directional?
The data bus is Bi-directional because the same bus is used for transfer of data between Micro Processor and memory or input / output devices in both the direction.
What is the disadvantage of microprocessor?
It has limitations on the size of data. Most Microprocessor does not support floating-point operations.

difference b w latch and flip flop

here is one question " so, tell me about yourself"
when you hear this question on an interview, don't describe yourself and your skills rather describe how you are qualified to do the job.

And by interview questions I meant "What is the major difference between conductors and semi conductors?" and not "What is your name?" questions alike...

Questions about electronics are not tricky; You just need to know your stuff. There is no way members can post the entire subject of electronics here for interview reference.
However non-technical questions (like "tell me about yourself") ARE tricky, because, as a tech guy, you tend not to intuitively answer those correctly.
In my experience, if you're interviewed by an engineer, you're lucky. You'll get tech questions. There is no better way to prepare for these than by knowing 3 times more than you need to. The assurance of over-knowledge will give you the confidence you need.

But if you get interviewed by an HR guy, THAT gets tricky.
Expect questions like:

1. Tell me 3 of your flaws.
2. What is it that you disliked most in your last job?
3. Describe a situation in your last job where you disagreed with your boss.
4. Describe a situ where you showed leadership
5. Why do you want to work here?
6. Why do you think you're better than the other 16 candidates we've seen?
7. What makes you think you can do this job better than...
8. Describe a situation that you thought was unfair at your last job
9. Describe a situ that made you angry
10. How would you rate your competence among your other team members at your last job?
11. If you were better, what is it you did differently that made you better?
12. Describe a situation where you made a direct positive contribution to the bottom line.
13. Describe a situation that you're not very proud of...

Example: answer to Nr1: " I tend to sometimes forget things.. which is why I always carry a notepad/agenda/pocket calendar with me to keep notes. And it's working..."
Be ready with 3 BENIGN negatives, AND the solution that you've found to each of them.

Keep in mind that employers are not as concerned about en engineer's technical skills ( he can always learn more /be trained). They're more concerned with HOW MANAGEABLE you are. (psychology, attitude, wisdom)

Andy

interview questions for 8051 microcontroller

This Pdf contains lots of interview questions , may be useful :
Link **broken link removed**

8051 related interview question

If you live on a tropical land, how would you create ice? without any modern technologies

use your imagination, you can do anything you want using any resources on the island

edaboard + interveiw questions

1. Write a pseudocode program that computes whether or not a point A is located inside a triangle specified by three other arbitrary points (X,Y,Z).

(To solve this, compare the lengths of the lines AX, AY, and AZ with the lines XY, YZ, and ZX. If any of the A lines are longer, the point A is outside the triangle.)

2. How would you implement a state machine in C logic.

(Here's a tip: Use function pointers instead of basic if/then logic to impress.)

3. How do you test a relay's terminals?

(Wrong way: Hook up an ohmmeter across it and check continuity.

Right way: Apply a voltage source to one end (COM) and a grounded load resistance to the other. Measure the voltage drop across the load resistor.)

- Nobody

interview questions on cdma

Wow... Such awesome responses. Sorry I was away for a few days.

@funberry You are right. We cannot collect all qs at one place but it is worth having those "One of a kind" questions.

The qs are really good. I'll post a few...

What is a program?

A program is a set of instructions that specify the operations, operands and the sequence by which processing has to occur.

What is the use of addressing modes in computers?

Computers use addressing mode techniques for the purpose of accommodating one or both of the following provision.
1. To give programming versatility to the user by providing such facilities as pointers to memory, counters for loop control, indexing of data and program relocation.
2. To reduce the number of bits in the addressing field of the instruction.

Define an interrupt.

An interrupt is a request which can be received by the CPU for supervisor services directly from secondry memory units and other IO devises.

What is a hardwired control?

When the control signals are generated by hardware using conventional logic design techniques the control unit is said to be hard wired.

Define a hit.

When the cpu refers to memory and finds a required word in cache it is termed as hit.

interview contribute

I went for an internship and the manager ask me , what are u looking to gain after this internship ?

I said I neeeded his recommendation for a job and more experience

objective type questions in 8051

what is the difference between thread and process.

Big difference bw thread and process is that process has its on address space and threads dont have. threads in a process share resources.

microcontroller 8051 interview questions

a simple one
what is the difference bw latch and flip flop

a latch is level sensitive. A flip flop is edge sensitive

interview question of microcontroller

one of the main difference between a latch and flop is that a flop is only enabled at the rising edge of clock as a latch is enabled during high clock periods and closed during low periods.

use latches with enable not clock.
latches have better timing than flops.
when you check flop timing. check from clk-q but for latches the timing path is from d-q.
you can build a d-flop from two latches but not the other way around.

microcontroller8051 interview question

I think one of the most important questions is what make me choose you as an employer chooses a job applicant while I have another qualified people like you.

and from my point of you the best answer for this question is "the ability to adapt fastly with the current surroundings and the great passion for learning new things"

hope I've had helped

all interview questions.com function block plc

What is retiming & Register balancing?...

edaboard interview question masterpic

what is the purpose and use for a backward wave oscillator ???

answer **broken link removed**

interview question of thread

The Common emitter amplifier using NPN transistor will act as a logic inverter

question on thread interview experienced

kumar_eee said:
What is retiming & Register balancing?...
\

retimig is an important signal proceesing technique///now i can add only uptp this...while studying VLSI signal processing,i was instructed that this leads to high speed..other than this,parallel processing and pipelining also leads to high speed..

data processing manager ii interview questions

Heres one:

Use a 2 input mux , and an inverter.
Can you make the 2 input XOR gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.