Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] All Interview Questions - Open Thread - Please Contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
interview question for cdma

I actually considered using the areas, I'm just not sure how to calculate the area of a triangle without using angles.

The only equations I remember are A = 1/2(b*h) or A = a*b*sin(C) where C is the angle of intersection of a and b.

It has been a while since I took geometry so maybe I have forgotten.

I feel bad detracting from the topic so here are some questions I have seen:
Suppose you had a sensor with an analog output, how would you read the output onto a computer? From a high level perspective what would you need?
Amplifier, ADC, signal level converter.
Where should the amp be placed, closer to the sensor or the computer?
Closer to sensor to avoid amplifying noise.
What is the resolution of the ADC? How can it be adjusted if you have information about the noise levels in the systems?
Resolution: size of the window the ADC is accurate within. The number of bits used to represent the analog value dictates resolution. 4 bits --> 2^4 = 16 values. resolution is range of values divided by 16. Ex. -5 to 5V signal resolution = 10/16V resolution.
If the noise is +-.05V, the window size (step size) should be double that ~.1V.

This was for a general engineering job. The questions are usually more difficult if the interview is for something specialized. For example EDA, VLSI, RF Electronics, Power, Comp. Architecture, Communications, etc.

microcontrollers interview questions

hi
what is the differences between the microcontroller and microprocessor ?

interviw questions for 8051 microprocessor

1. How do you implement a 256x8 RAM using 2 128X8 RAMs.
2. How do you implement a given comb. ckt using only NAND or NOR gates.

pic programmer interview questions

what is the differences between the microcontroller and microprocessor ?

A very short answer could be this: Microcontroller is something in which the RAM, ROM and such extra components are built in whereas a Microprocessor is one that has only the processor. RAM, ROM and other things will have to be connected externally.

interview questions on embedded c 8051

Thank you very much

interview question on microcontroller

hello friend,

128x8 means 2^7x8 RAm
no of address lines: 7(use common addr lines to both)
no of data lines:8 (use common data lines to both)
control signals:RDbar,WR
power supply:vcc (common to both chips)
Ground:1(common to both chips)
Chip selection:cs1,cs2(give from commmon enable signal one of them should be inverted, such that only one chip can be selected at a time)
total no of pins required:7+8+2+1+1+1
for better use of chips ,you use powersupply to enable
[/i]

Added after 34 seconds:

hello friend,

128x8 means 2^7x8 RAm
no of address lines: 7(use common addr lines to both)
no of data lines:8 (use common data lines to both)
control signals:RDbar,WR
power supply:vcc (common to both chips)
Ground:1(common to both chips)
Chip selection:cs1,cs2(give from commmon enable signal one of them should be inverted, such that only one chip can be selected at a time)
total no of pins required:7+8+2+1+1+1
for better use of chips ,you use powersupply to enable
here i could not draw the diagram

8051 + interview questions

direnc said:
An article on interviewing embedded C developers:

A 'C' Test: The 0x10 Best Questions for Would-be Embedded Programmers
**broken link removed**

Wow - this is a really good test. If you're going for an interview to write any level of C code, you should already know most of these. Otherwise study them.
Hope you get points for this Direnc!

Added after 1 hours 32 minutes:

mizel said:
1. Write a pseudocode program that computes whether or not a point A is located inside a triangle specified by three other arbitrary points (X,Y,Z).

(To solve this, compare the lengths of the lines AX, AY, and AZ with the lines XY, YZ, and ZX. If any of the A lines are longer, the point A is outside the triangle.)

What you say above is true, but it is not a complete (or adequate) solution to eliminate all the points that are outside of the triangle. The shape this would check would be three arcs that touch at the vertices of the desired triangle.

For example, imagine an isosceles triangle, the line drawn from one vertex in the direction of the bisector that is the length of the legs. This would lead to a point that passes the above test but is in fact outside of the triangle.

Anyone know a clever way to do this?

By "clever" I mean one that uses a minimal number of calculations (i.e. doesn't use any angles). I can think of several ways to do it, but they all resort to using angles at some point.
How about this:

This first part is just done for convenience to make the main idea easier to understand.

Define a Point that has x and y terms so Point p has p.x and p.y terms
Define Px, Py, Pz and Pa to hold the x,y coordinates of points X,Y,Z and A respectively.

Now create a function:
bool = SameSide( Point p1, Point p2, Point p3, Point p4)
returns true if p4 is on the same side of line p1-p2 as p3
This is easy to do, just implement the formula for a line through p1 and p2.
y =ax+b
Then set x to p3.x and calculate y.
If y is on the same side of the line as p.y then return true.

Now test the point
if( SameSide(X,Y,Z,A) AND SameSide(Y,Z,X,A) AND SameSide(Z,X,Y,A) then
print("A is inside the triangle")
else
print("A is outside the triangle")

Basically the idea is to make a union of three areas that is the shape of the triangle, testing A for each area.

Last edited by a moderator:

interview qustions on threads

Hy, all

How to measure a Transistor? pls.

interview questions about microcontroller 8051

Hy all again, I'm exited that I found this site, electronics is my hobby and I love it. My father is an electronist but he didn't teatch me anything I'm from Romania, and I'm glad to be here, beeng a newbie where can I ask questions about electronics, measurements, functionality... ?

G 0 D bless the founder

thread technical interview questions

thanks for the useful info~

microcontroller interview question and answers

dig_des said:
2. How do you implement a given comb. ckt using only NAND or NOR gates.

for nand gates design...it's the same as having a Sum of Product network (AND then OR)

for nor gates design...it's the same as having a Product of Sum network (OR then AND)

regards,
Salma:D

8051 based interview questions

aryajur said:
Here is an interesting question. The opamp shown in the circuit has the open loop response given as shown, so it has enough phase margin. When the opamp is connected in the feedback as shown, it becomes unstable for a particular Vin as Vin is increased. Why does that happen?

I think that there's an extra added pole due to the LPF effect of R and C of BJT

wcdma interview question

ahmad_abdulghany said:
aryajur said:
Here is an interesting question. The opamp shown in the circuit has the open loop response given as shown, so it has enough phase margin. When the opamp is connected in the feedback as shown, it becomes unstable for a particular Vin as Vin is increased. Why does that happen?

I think that there's an extra added pole due to the LPF effect of R and C of BJT

How does that depend on the input? The question is why does it become unstable when Vin is increased.

objective questions on 8051

Do you know how to go from a 1" cable to a 5 gauge cable without loosing anything?

interview questions in microcontroller 8051

Here's one to test just a basic understanding of 3-phase systems:

If I could connect a hv voltage-sending oscilloscope between neutral and phase on a balanced 460vac 3-phase system, what would be the peak value of the waveform?

The answer is simple. 460 *sqrt(2)/sqrt(3). The division by sqrt(3) converts phase-to-phase voltage (standard terminology for describing a 3-phase system) into phase-to-neutral. The sqrt(2) converts rms (also standard for volts and amps) to a peak value.

I figured since this is an EE type board, you might be looking for technical questions. I didn't read all the other replies, but my best advice would be to not sweat the technical questions during your prep (if you didn't learn them yet, that's not going to change dramatically in a few weeks or months), but spend some time going over your responses the standard touchy-feely questions:
1 - Why do you want to work here?
2 - Why do you want to work in this field?
3 - Why do you want this particular job?
4 - Why are you leaving your current job?
5 - How do you feel about the geographical area?
6 - What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What are your biggest successes and failures?

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to sit in while a contractor being brought in for a long-term contract was interviewed by two different managers. The guy had worked in his field for 25 years and knew his stuff inside out. But he really flubbed on the simple question #1 and #4. Why did he leave his last job? He got p*ssed off at the rinky-dink stuff and this is the first one that popped up. Why does he want to come here? Dunno... need a job now that I quit my last job. Those may have been brutally honest answers, but they did not impress the managers at all.

Re: data processing manager ii interview questions

Heres one:

Use a 2 input mux , and an inverter.
Can you make the 2 input XOR gate?

let the i/p of mux be i0 and i1 and select line be s0.

now follow the truth table of xor gate.

when one i/p,say a is zero(0), the o/p equals the other input, say b.

again, when a is one (1), the o/p is b bar, i.e, complement of b.

so, we connect the a i/p to s0, and input b is directly given to i0 and complemented and fed to i1 using given inverter.

check the o/p. its same as xor gate.

thank you.

Re: interview questions in microcontroller 8051

460 *sqrt(2)/sqrt(3)

Please go through with this attached pdf ( i have downloaded from some where else),Which will be very useful. Anydoubt in this please ask me.

Attachments

• MC questions1.PDF
    108.3 KB · Views: 97
what is the difference between latch and flip-flop?

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

To say in very simple the pc or your system is micro processor for which u have connected ram & rom external & on which u can install & browse any application,where as your washing machine is micro controller based,bcoz used only for specific application where RAM,ROM are internal and limited. So finally micro controller is a system on single chip...

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

B B R O Y G B V G W(Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Voilet, Grey, White)
0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
u have to see the colour lines on the transistor opposite to gold line write the values according to the colours and then multiply it with 10^3.

Re: interview questions 8051 microcontroller

Here is a new one they ask recently: If you have a long wire running between two flops and you want to buffer it to improve timing where is the best place to put the buffer and why? close to 1st flop? close to 2nd flop? somewhere in between? I don't think the right answer is to concentrate on C of the line alone. R of the line determines the location but I could be wrong!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.