Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 development board loads program but does not verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

netdeamon

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 8051 development board which contains AT89s52 chip.
I is programmed by a serial port.
Now the AT89s52 is programmed successfully but when I click on verify flash, it shows error.

Also I have to toggle the RESET/PROG button everytime. Like I click on read signature,it shows 0x1E 0x52 and afterwards when I click on say "ERASE CHIP" it will shows PROG ENABLE FAILED error.
Again I toggle RESET/PROG button and again after erasing the chip, if I select "write flash", the program will show "Prog Enable Failed" error.

I wanted to ask that can the AT89C2051 chip that is used to program the 8051 be defective? And if I replace the AT89C2051 with another new one , should I have to program the AT89C2051?

Do we need to program the AT89C2051?

prog enable failed.pngsignature 0x1E 0x52.pngverify flash error.pngwrite flash ok.png

Hi NetDeamon,

89C2051 dont support ISP, this uC support only parallel programming.

If you want ISP use newer 89S2051.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

Hi NetDeamon,

89C2051 dont support ISP, this uC support only parallel programming.

If you want ISP use newer 89S2051.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

There is already a AT89C2051 in development board. So I am thinking of replacing with another 89C2051.
But I wanted to ask that is there some kind of program loaded in 89C2051?
And if I replace it with newer one, how will I program this 20 pin IC

I dont know about what development board we talking, you didnt specify that. That existing 89C2051 can be some support for programming I dont know, first I must see that board, post picture or product name/ID.

Easiest way to program 89C2051 is BlowIt programmer (only write, no read), or you can use some better programmer with full options support.

Informations about some advanced full options programmer see here in this thread post #15 :
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/269523/

Informations about BlowIt programmer see here in this thread post #14 :
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/264371/

Best regards,
Peter

I followed the link that you gave and stumbled upon this link **broken link removed**
What I want to clarify that can I just take out wire from DB25 connector like that and connect it to specified port pin in 89s52 and program it?

I mean is it that easy? And am I wrong to think that that we can replace the DB25 with DB 9?
And what I learnt that 89c2051 is an IC with 2 KB flash memory. So it must have some kind of hex file in it. I have already mailed to the board's manufacturer to send me the hex file.

I followed the link that you gave and stumbled upon this link **broken link removed**
What I want to clarify that can I just take out wire from DB25 connector like that and connect it to specified port pin in 89s52 and program it?

I mean is it that easy? And am I wrong to think that that we can replace the DB25 with DB 9?
And what I learnt that 89c2051 is an IC with 2 KB flash memory. So it must have some kind of hex file in it. I have already mailed to the board's manufacturer to send me the hex file.

That programmer with DB25 connector is LPT programmer. DB9 is serial (on some older PCs can be also DB25). Mentioned programer Asim's ISP programmer is ISP and as I mentioned earlier 89C2051 DONT have ISP support, but 89S2051 have. Also 89C51, 89C52 DONT support ISP and 89S51, 89S52 support.

Best regards,
Peter

That programmer with DB25 connector is LPT programmer. DB9 is serial (on some older PCs can be also DB25). Mentioned programer Asim's ISP programmer is ISP and as I mentioned earlier 89C2051 DONT have ISP support, but 89S2051 have. Also 89C51, 89C52 DONT support ISP and 89S51, 89S52 support.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi peter thanks for clarification.

I wanted to clarify some more about the circuit. But I think that calls for a seperate new thread. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back