Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selecting the right component values for comb generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnyx1

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Helo,

I am working on making a comb generator with around 2MHz base frequency. I have seen some diagrams online for higher base frequency comb generators examples that are very similar to each other so I want to try using them as a base.
10MHz base.jpg
circuit.jpg

So my question is, how do I go about selection the right values of the components if I want to use a oscilator close to 2MHz? Is there also a way to simulate them to see how the output signal looks like before going and making it?

I am grateful for any help.

Sources of the two pictures:
Top: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/ha...-with-fundamental-frequency-of-10-mhz.200668/
Bottom: https://g0mrf.com/source2.htm

that does not look like a comb generator. that looks like a 3rd, 5th harmonic generator
i would replace those two back to back diodes with a series inductor, and a step recovery diode. that would generate both even and odd harmonics. look up the fourier transform of a narrow pulse in time

Or, since this is the modern world, use super high speed digital gates that generate a single pulse of very narrow pulsewidth, say 1 nanosecond.

since you are running the input clock at 2 Mhz, which is almost like DC, i would have to think about the maximum pulse width to have a lot of comb teeth even heights.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back