Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

prototype board design ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,
i want to make a prototype board consisting of cool runner cpld .since i am new to board design i dont know how to start with .how to decide the values of capacitance and other electrical components to be connected and how to assign pins of the cpld with is to be connected with LED and seven segment display .
please help me with this !! and suggest me some tutorial or book .
manoj.

to start with you can go xilinx website and have a look at application notes and take some schemtic of some protype board , i guess that will be a good starting point .

See first of all you decide on the device that you goona use. Then depening on the useable I/Os you need to choose among them for you LEDs and other requirements. Please not that you need to choose the I/O depending on your requirement also. I mean to say incase if you are to place LEDs close to each other then you choose continuous I/O pins and assign them for these LEDs connections, reson being is you avoid unnecessary trouble while you route.

Hope this helps,

Few days before I had got an excellent tutorial for Duke University on Orcad designing with XC9536....just check this on using some search engine.
All the best,
Gold_kiss

Decide on how you are going to power the board components as that also plays an important role in selection of components and overall design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back