Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground plane issue in merging of two board files in allegro

jayasree jayaraj

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I tried to merge two PCB's in allegro software. I export the subdrawing of PCB2 and import it in my PCB1 and make it as a single file. But when I import my PCB2 subdrawing(CLIP) file, all ground pins which is attached with ground plane lost its connection in PCB2.I have added a ground plane on top and bottom layer and all the grounds are connected to that. But when I merged two PCB files, the ground is missing in the imported PCB file. let me know what is the reason?

Hi,
I tried to merge two PCB's in allegro 17.4 software. I export the subdrawing of PCB2 and import it in my PCB1 and make it as a single file. But when I import my PCB2 subdrawing(CLIP) file, all ground pins which is attached with ground plane lost its connection in PCB2.I have added a ground plane on top and bottom layer and all the grounds are connected to that. But when I merged two PCB files, the ground is missing in the imported PCB file. I have done the merging of PCB in Allegro 16.6 version and there was no such issues. But it is not working in 17.4 version. let me know what is the reason?

Have you ever checked the NET name? in order to merge two (or more) copper pour plane, the NetNames must be same.

I have changed the net names and made it the same for two PCBs. But still, all ground pins which is attached to the ground plane lost their connection in PCB2. when I merged two PCB files, the ground was missing in the imported PCB file.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back