Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezusb fx forum enumeration

Zedman,
I would like to send data to the ICD using a self made PC program. How did you debug icd2.dll? Do you now anything about the IOCTL_CODE's for DeviceIOControl? Thanks..

programar cy7c64613

Do you know debuggers on PC? SoftICE / IDA or similar?
Disassemble MPLBCOMM.DLL from the windows dir, it exports low level functions needed by ICD2.DLL and if you look at the implementations there are the IOCTL codes for each functions along with the parameters needed.

pic33f project

Ok Thx, I'll try that..

mplab+pl2303

Hi, namqn.
Yes, it is SN74LVC1T45DBV.

Best Regards.

icd0286: unable to communicate with icd

I'll never understand why Microchip used RA4 for Vdd switching. It has open collector output, so it has to be pulled up to get H level. In this clone this is done by a 10k resistor.
But it seems it wont ever get to L level.
In CrazyDuck's clone it drives a p channel FET through a gate of SN74LS07N with RA4 directly connected to the gate with no pullup. And it works.

Am I missing something here? Maybe the my 877 is wrong?

icd2w2kl.sys

Brem said:
This is what I do:

Take your BOOTZ.HEX, change the first lines to:
Code:
0000 MOVLB 0
0002 CLRF 0xF0,BANKED
0004 GOTO 0x1fdc
0008 GOTO 0x1f9c
0018 GOTO 0x1f9c

Keep RB7 High and RA4 Low, you can have a led at RC1.

Now it should start the bootloader first time because it doesn't see a OS at 0x2800. MPLAB will download it and... still gives an error. However the OS is down loaded correctly. Next time it resets it will start the OS. MPLAB will give another error: "Unable to connect to ICD".

Added after 25 minutes:

The bootloader uses low priority TMR0 interrupt, the OS high priority.
Maybe it should be 0x0008 GOTO 0x2808

Added after 24 minutes:

Changed CPU speed to 48 Mhz, now the switchover from bootloader to OS works.

Hi Brem and hi to all. I have some problems and questions with this. I can't make change in narccizzo's boot.hex in line 2 address 0002. I always gets (mplab change it to) CLRF 0xff0, ACCESS. Also when program gets to address 0004 an jump to address 0x1fdc there is no command, just nop. There is nops to the end and pic executes them and doing nothing.
I need help with config words. Can somebody explain me or send me picture of mplabs configure-configuration bits window. I can't get any response from my 4550
and I need your help.

icd2w2k windows xp installation

I had the same thing... dont know why. Just edit the opcode to "6BF0".

Address 0x1FDC should have a valid instruction (LFSR 0x1, 0x700). You probably have the wrong boot.hex file, the one I used was called bootZ.hex. You can also create your own using "bin2hex.exe" with option "/O0x80". Input bin filename should be <= 8 long, MSDOS style.

icd2 busy framing error

Ok, thanks i will do like you said.

Added after 14 minutes:

I have download bin2hex from atmel site. It's size is 11kB and it's dos program. I didn't know that. I typed bin2hex boot.bin and program do the job but still there is nop at address 1FDC. I didn'n understood thing with "/O0x80".

dspic30f4013 portb interfere

Same thing. Nop at 1FDC. What am I doing wrong?

Added after 2 hours 4 minutes:

Finaly I get appropriate file with valid instruction (LFSR 0x1, 0x700) at address 0x1FDC but nothing happens when I connect 4550 to computer. Should computer find new usb device and what should happen with led at RC1?

Added after 50 minutes:

Maybe I made mistake with coniguration bits. Can anyone send me picture from mplab?

icd2 edaboard

Hi. Zedman. In CrazyDuck's clone RA4 works because TTL input (SN74LS07) treat disconnected input as logical "1". I'll make this clone too it's work perfectly.

Best Regards.

operation aborted warning 51

Predage: Tried a picture but was too big. But config setting have been discussed before, are you sure your hardware is ok?

inaxeon

Tnx Brem. I played a little with configuration bits and my computer recognized new usb device.

jdm + mc34063

Thank petarpav,

I see, so the 7407 does the pullup instead of a resistor.
My prob is that RA4 wont get to low if I put a 10k pullup on it. Even if nothing is connected to it.

usb schematic into pic33f and program c

Hi zedman,

It's not a common practice to rely on input configuration of a TTL input. Yes it's true that leaving the input not connected is treated as "1" logic at his input.
But noise will be always present in the system, more or less, and if RA4 is in high impedance state (it has an open drain output), it's quite possible to get glitches on TTL input.
Hope you can imagine what happens at gate output.

If RA4 can't sink 500 uA through 10K pullup resistor, then it has not been declared as output (clearing TRiSA bit). Otherwise I can see why it couldn't sink.

icd2 clone 4550

Hi, Zedman.
Option to supply target from ICD2 isn't available for all CPU. When you test RA4 select PIC16FXXX or PIC18FXXX(I test with 18F452, PIC16F877 and option is enabled). For DSPIC this option is disabled. It works for me and power target from ICD2 when "Debuuger->Settings->Power->Power target circuit from MPLAB ICD2" is checked.

Best Regards.

icd2 table write protect boot

Guys
do you have it all working and when will you be sharing it with us now i do not mind at all in paying for it you guys worked hard and spent loads of time with it

can you just give us an update to the stage you are at

cheers

wizpic

icd2 clone using pic16f887

silvio said:
Hi zedman,
If RA4 can't sink 500 uA through 10K pullup resistor, then it has not been declared as output (clearing TRiSA bit). Otherwise I can see why it couldn't sink.

Thanks Silvio, Petarpav,

It can be that RA4 is set to input, because I tried it on a dsPIC where I had time to measure the voltage on RA4 while it's reading it. I'll try it out on other PIC (877) when I get home.

------------------

Wizpic,

Some of us built this according to the things we found here. It's working.

icd2_clone_4550_-_potyo_2006.09.18

Hi, see you have exclude FTDI chips, but if you use FT245 with parallel interface the speed will be far more an 57600... For the FT245 will ignore setings from MPLAB

hex 4550 icd pic rev

Forget the USB -> COM devices like FTDI, with them it's only 56k (if you patch MPLAB than maybe more but you will patch every new version?).
This clone uses real USB communication with a 18F4550 instead of the Cypress chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back