Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
icd2 clone 5v-3.3v

When you playing with connect / disconnect while mplab is connected it can be. Because it takes a while for MPLAB to release USB pipe handles. But if you disconnected it and it wont connect anymore than you got the error what i have too, some part of the code gets overwritten. I got 64 bytes @0x0000 overwritten too, but usually at 0x4E00 which is not really critical but I did not found yet why is that.

mplab icd 2 cannot validate a target device 18f

petarpav: That is what i get when disconnect/reconnect it when MPLAB is still running. You should only plug it in with all MPLAB's closed.

Added after 1 minutes:

Hmm too late..

icd2 replace

For me this error come when I Disconnect and Connect debuged target from/to ICD2 and then press Connect(give error), after that I disconnect ICD2 from USB and connect it, and when I press Connect in MPLAB evrithing is ok it connects(without exit from MPLAB).

Best Regards.

pic10f222 calibration memory

narccizzo, if you look in the assembly you can easily find it.

---------------

peterpav,

I don't know what should appear at 0x4e00 i got 0x00s and (seems to) random bytes. But only 64 bytes. It maybe data or st.

18f4550 code protection

It's exactly the same thing, the device alway replies with the first byte followed by zeros, and i saw in the htmllogs that zedman placed before that must replies the second byte.
i've tried all, i don't know what next to do. If some one can please send me his project files to my email (narccizzo@yahoo.com), i would thank you a lot guys.

pic microcontroller rj12 jack

Hi, Zedman. Here is USBMON's log when I click connect in MPLAB on my ICD2. It takes about 0.5 secs. I thing that MPLAB doesn't upload FW at connect on my ICD2.

BTW. Do you have fix for usbmon v.2.37?

Best Regards.

redfox drivers usb-rs232

dont have fix yet, cos it's running, but if it wont than... i'll get.

I strongly think my board has a bug cos it seems it writes a 64 byte block randomly when it gets connected/disconnected.

pic24h schematic capacitor mhz

Just got the mail from Cypress they wont send me 64613 because it's obsolete. Now I dont need it! :D

7407 4066 xp

Zedman said:
Just got the mail from Cypress they wont send me 64613 because it's obsolete. Now I dont need it! :D

I got two e-mails from them yesterday. Their sample support is very slow.

potyo2.zip

Hi. File C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE Common\ICD2\ICDDebug.txt contain dump of communication data with icd2.

Best Regards.

icd2 error programing pic32

There isn't txt file in that directory in my computer. Only two exe files.

10-00319 icd2

I use MPLAB 7.31. May be it created after first connect.

Best Regards.

windows::getlasterror() = 0x2

I'm also using 7.31. It must bee that file is created after conection with usb icd. Since I don't have it yet there isn't txt file, obviously.

cpt code l0116

It's an option on the Programmer settings / Status tab / Output messages to debug file.

Added after 4 minutes:

petarpav,

to which clone did you attach the 4550?
Iam using the french silicium31's clone version 1.3, but iam not really satisfied with it...

Does anyone ever felt that the programmable resistor is needed? (for variable Vpp) In this clone it's just a simple DC-DC set to a constant voltage.

invalid target device id read=0xffff)

I use mc34064 to genrate 13V Vpp, and Vpp switch circuit from \**broken link removed**, and I dont pass Vdd to target from my ICD2. I made it only for testing(after that i make pcb).

Best Regards.

usbvid_04d8&pid_8001

Ok, guys this is the thing:
why the device replies to the host with a '2222' to the 'Z' request and with '[0Q000435]]]]]' to the get firmware version y one time and another with '[0U0102060503]' it's supposed to reply a 0E intead 0U for the package size right?
I don't where the problem is if the 4550 fw or the conection between both uC.

Debug: Entering CMediator::ConnectThreadFunc()
Debug: Entering CICDController::Connect()
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::BaudRateAllowed('USB', 0x1)
Debug: Exiting CICDAPI::BaudRateAllowed() returning 0x1
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::Connect('USB', 0x1)
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::Disconnect()
Debug: Exiting CICDAPI::Disconnect()
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0099: Internal: Missing component: 'class CICDShell *'
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0099: Internal: Missing component: 'class CICDShellEx *'
Debug: Transmitted 'Z'
Debug: Received '2222'
Debug: Transmitted 'U'
Debug: Received 'u'
Debug: Exiting CICDAPI::Connect()
...Connected
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::GetFirmwareVersion()
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::SendCommandAndReceiveResponse('<0801C9>', 0x1, 0xE, 0x7D0)
Debug: Transmitted '<0801C9>'
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::ReceiveResponse(0x1, 0xE, 0x7D0)
Debug: Received '[0Q000435]]]]]'
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0035: API: Size mismatch (Expected = 0xA : Received = 0x0)
Debug: Transmitted '<0801C9>'
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::ReceiveResponse(0x1, 0xE, 0x7D0)
Debug: Received '[0U0102060503]'
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0035: API: Size mismatch (Expected = 0xE : Received = 0x0)
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation (CICDAPI::SendCommandAndReceiveResponse)

I'm too disappointed with my self, I really need your help, because if you can't, maybe I should save some money to buy a ICD2 from the factory.

icd2w2k windows 2000/xp installation disk

Ok, but do the different PICs need different Vpps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back