Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
stepping target icd2

Zedman said:
Ok, but do the different PICs need different Vpps?
Yes, Vpp differ between families. That's why original ICD2 has adjustable Vpp (with digital potentiometer controlled from 16F877).

cy7c64613 product manual

Vpp is MCLR voltage for target device? If that so then value of Vpp is not critical. My clone by lothar stolz works fine with values from 9.5 to 13.5V.

project to max641

Now this is the thing

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::BaudRateAllowed('USB', 0x0)
Debug: Exiting CICDAPI::BaudRateAllowed() returning 0x1
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::Connect('USB', 0x0)
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::Disconnect()
Debug: Exiting CICDAPI::Disconnect()
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0099: Internal: Missing component: 'class CICDShell *'
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0099: Internal: Missing component: 'class CICDShellEx *'
Debug: Transmitted 'Z'
Debug: Received ']]]]'
Debug: Transmitted 'U'
Debug: Received 'u'
Debug: Exiting CICDAPI::Connect()
...Connected
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::GetFirmwareVersion()
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::SendCommandAndReceiveResponse('<0801C9>', 0x1, 0xE, 0x7D0)
Debug: Transmitted '<0801C9>'
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::ReceiveResponse(0x1, 0xE, 0x7D0)
Debug: Received '[0U0102060806]'
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0035: API: Size mismatch (Expected = 0xE : Received = 0x0)
Debug: Transmitted '<0801C9>'
Debug: Entering CICDAPI::ReceiveResponse(0x1, 0xE, 0x7D0)
Debug: Received '[0U0102060806]'
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0035: API: Size mismatch (Expected = 0xE : Received = 0x0)
Suppressed Error Message : ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation (CICDAPI::SendCommandAndReceiveResponse)

icd2 os download

Hi. Four day ago in MPLAB ICD2 Setup wizard( and in settings) have option to set target Vdd from icd2, Now this option is disabled, anybody know why?

Zedman, when I build serial ICD2 I place MCP4XXX digital potentiometer, but pic dosen't tune pot. when working.

Best Regards.

programmer pic with 13vpp

Hi,
I've read that the "Vdd from Icd" option has been disabled for some PIC's in the latest software. You used another PIC some days ago?

The ICD2 does use variable Vpp. The 877 communicates with Vpp regulator by bit-shifting the required value over RB6 (Clk) & RB7 (Data). Take a look at 0x06C1 of the ICD01020608.Hex to see how.

inductor 026c

I made Crazyduck's serial clone with that MCP4x pot too, but never measured if it tunes it or not.
I managed to program 16F628, 16F877, 18F452, and even dsPIC18F4013 with it but NEVER had success with 18F8x20 and 18F6x20.
As I see theres no variable Vpp on most of the clones.

icd2 clone 877

Zedman, I have also had that '64 bytes' problem a few times. It seems to happen when I disconnect/reconnect too fast, but it's hard to reproduce. I think it receives garbish over USB and falls into the writeflash prodedure..

Added after 4 minutes:

Vpp value is probably not very critical for most PIC's..

icd2 clone 4550 configuration bit

Hi. I have another strange problem with dsPIC30F2010. icd connect and get target ID only after power supply atteched, after that target ID=00(or 0xFF). This happens when dspic have crystal, without crystal evryting is ok.

esquema mplab icd2

Vpp value is not critical at all. As you can see in Programming Specification of any PIC microcontroller Vpp value should be in range of 9 to 13.25V.

icd2 project

Brem,

I think you are right, but if a garbage on the bus can fool it this way it's very lame isn't it?

If Vpp is not really important, why Mchip uses that digital pot?

icd2 device id error 0xff

We still don't know what really should be in the 0x0000-0x0080 region. My own OS wouldn't start before I cleared the USB interrupt flags in UIR. My "startup" now clears all memory and UIR, and I didn't have it since. But that doesn't proof anything, I only had it few times before...

Added after 4 minutes:

There are many PIC's, maybe Vpp is important for some exotic flavors..

icd2 original vpp adjust

Do you think it may need the USB voltage detection? On some IO pin?

icd2+877

I thing that in the 0x0000-0x0080 region may be interrupt(and reset?) vector switcher between Bootloader and OS, and some initializations of variables.

Zedman,
rkodaira, write that "PORTA.1 pin 3 is connected to Vdd via 10k resistor" (also must be a 100k to GND and Vdd). PORTA.1 may be USB voltage detection pin.

mg411 ic

I think that is RA4 (via transistor?). But it doesn't wait for it as some kind of "USB Valid" test. When it is high it just enters an endless loop flashing RC1.

icd01020608

petarpav said:
Hi. I have another strange problem with dsPIC30F2010. icd connect and get target ID only after power supply atteched, after that target ID=00(or 0xFF). This happens when dspic have crystal, without crystal evryting is ok.

I had similar problem with other programmer and ICSP. Problem is that rising edge of signal on mclr pin of target device is not sharp enough, or to be more precise rasing of mclr voltage is to slow. Because of that pic starts to execute program and after that icd trys to communicate with pic but because of delay on mclr pic isn't in programming mode yet and there is colision in data and clock pins (usually RB6 and RB7) and programming faileds or programmer reads wrong ID.

Sory for my bad english.

setting vdd source to target icd0042 12

petarpav,

rkodaira's clone is a custom version, not like this. (it's revision number is 0x03 which is the Cy based one)

icd2 clone pics failed mplab icd 2 operation

USB VOLTAGE CONVERTOR from 5v to 13.1v
just supply the 4069 with 5v and the output zener for 13.1v

mpusbclean hangs

Hi. I found for PGC and PGD driver for ICD2:
SN74LVCT45DBV from TI. It's a 1-bit bidirectional level konvertor fro 1.65V to 5.5V in SOT-23 case, and 75MBPs min BW. I plan to buy and try it. It's a 0.29$ bugetary price.

Best Regards.

pic16f4550 programmer

petarpav:
Did you mean SN74LVC1T45DBV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back