Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier. Which class should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oscilloscope also tells voltage. so can we take same job with voltmeter too. So can I use voltmeter in order to measure output?

Because my PC is not branded. I brought parts separately and attach them in this way I made my PC at home. So I can't ask it to the designer company Because I don't had any designer for my PC

oscilloscope also tells voltage. so can we take same job with voltmeter too. So can I use voltmeter in order to measure output?
Of course not . the voltmeter didn't design for frequencies above 50 or 100 HZ . and it can't show you variable waves too . ( un sinusoidal waves ) .

Now I am confused how to do next. I think I should terminate my project until I don't have oscilloscope.

BTW: What is your max output?

NO no no ,
It doesn't matter , i'll tell you the standard value i should measure it again .

Really. Oh thank ***. I am hoping again. Thanks a lot. :) Thank you goldsmith. You are very helpful.

So what should we do now?

Hi shayaan
Sorry for this delay to reply .
Well , when i measured it , the out put at maximum amplitude was around 2 volts . so , can you predict the required gain ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Its OK sir.

Formula for gain is:
Av=Vo/Vi

I know Vo=2V. But What is Vi? I think input is mains i.e. 220V

- - - Updated - - -

Its OK sir.

Formula for gain is:
Av=Vo/Vi

I know Vo=2V. But What is Vi? I think input is mains i.e. 220V

Why 2 volts as out put ? it is input of your amplifier . the out put of PC will be around 2 volts . and you need 50 watts . so , what will be the required gain , that can change 2 volts to the 50 watts ? what will be the out put amplitude of your amplifier ?

So

Power is given as
P=(Av)(Vi)

Right?

So It should be look like that

Av=P/Vi
Av=50/2
Av=25

Right?

Definition of power is volt into current.

P=VI

- - - Updated - - -

I need to calculate gain i.e. Av

Av=Vo/Vi

And

P=VI

I have given Po=50W and Vi=2V

- - - Updated - - -

Sir I am unable to see any relation between output power and input voltage.

Kindly help me out of this.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have these three formulas
Av=Vo/Vi

Ap=Po/Pi

Ap=Av*Ai

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are asking for voltage gain.

Humm , see below , please , this site told good things regarding real power :
https://www.davidbridgen.com/Amplifier power vs voltage.htm
https://www.davidbridgen.com/power.htm
So , now what do you think ?
And yes i'm talking about voltage gain !

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing ! i want that you learn that when you have 2 volts as vin what should be the value of voltage across the load ,to achieve your desired power ! don't forget that we will have a buffer ( complementary stage ) after this voltage amplifier .

So You mean I should read all this stuff and understand? Then you will move further?

Of course yes ! the pages that i suggested , are just two interesting and simple page .it will help you to understand ( better understanding because of good diagrams )

- - - Updated - - -

Then i'll guide you to continue , because my first aim isn't this that you just build an amplifier . i want you be able to design all kind of relevant circuits . if your basic be correct then you won't have any problem .

OK. Thanks. I am reading them, its really interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

@goldsmith

Many of theory in your given stuff I have studied before so I have understood it mostly.

At 50W power. Vopp=56V.

Is that were you asking for and you want I should understand.

Right to the point ! congratulations !
So , the out put voltage should be around 28 or approximately 30 volts !
so AV= vo /vin ---------> 30/2 = 15 ( but in practice you'd better to select it , around 18 ) .
Ok ?

OK :) Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

OK sir. Now should we move further?

But don't forget that your op amp has not +-30 volts , as supply ! so i suggest you to amplify your in put around 12 volts and then add another section to amplify it nearby 30 volts , so can you find a way for 2nd section ? it is simple , think about it , but if you couldn't , of course i'll guide you more .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back