Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XC9572 programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

harii74

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a XC9572 trainer kit with parallel JTAG programming,I am able to successfully program the device XC9572 PC84AEM0037-15C. Now i have purchased the new as XC9572 PC84 AMM0701 15C type but i could not program the device.But i am able to erase the device , blank check, and ID Read. When i program it, the PC simply hangs.
The software i used is impact.
Please help me in this regard.

Hariharan.K

If you can ID the device and perform a blank check, then it sounds like your JED file is corrupted. If the IMPACT software does not find the proper end of the JED file, it can run off the tracks. Also, it is a quirk of the IMPACT software that it MUST have write access to the folder that contains the JED file. If you cannot write to that folder, then you will have problems.

Take a known good JED file, copy to a local folder with write permissions and give it another go. If it still hangs, the terminate IMPACT, power cycle the board, restart IMPACT and do a verify. Perhaps it completes programming, but does not return. If verify fails, try a blank check to see if programming ever started.

Status
Not open for further replies.