Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

without wire load model

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the command read_lib, but since you do not have a license for that you cannot compile it. A WLM is normally required for synthesis, however, for unit delay type analysis a ZWLM (zero wireload model) is used. You need to contact your library vendor.

Helped: 7
Donate
Down: 12.73MB

Post19 Feb 2008 20:04 without wire load model Reply with quote
Report this post to the moderators of this forum
To do synthesis without WLM you need to create a WLM within your .lib with zero capacitance and zero resistance, or you can create it separately and load it as a .lib.

ASIC_intl said:
Hello
I want to do synthesys without a wireload model and want to do timing report (report_timing) without wire load model. Do any body has any idea to do the synthesys and report_timing without wire load model.

Thanking,
ASIC
why do you want to compile design without using WLM?

Hi TOMPAUL

I want to see the timing of my design without the effects of interconnect delays. That is I want to know the timing with R=C-0 for all the interconnects in my design.

Now my .db library has a default wire load model. So even if I set R=C=O for all the interconnects using some dc commands io very case while doing report_timing I find the Design compiler to pick up the default wire load model to report the timing (through report_timing command) of the design.

Thanks

Hi ASIC_intl,
You can use set_annotated_delay to annotate zero to all your interconnect nets in your design. When report_timing, DC will only consider non-zero cell delay.

You can do synthesis without a wire load model, only that you would need to be more consevative while giving your timing constraints. That can be done either by giving a lower value of clock period or a higher value of clock uncertainty. In all this, it is assumed that post layout sdf will be used for back annotation at a later stage. So as a first step or in some cases inevitable we use DC to compile the design without a wireload model.

ASIC_intl said:
Hello
I want to do synthesys without a wireload model and want to do timing report (report_timing) without wire load model. Do any body has any idea to do the synthesys and report_timing without wire load model.

Thanking,
ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back