Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] with exclude pin in cts we are fixing data tran but not skew why is that

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekrajeev

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why is that we fix data tran for the exclude pin during CTS( why do u want to do that for what purpose ?) when you dont fix skew

Why is that we fix data tran for the exclude pin during CTS( why do u want to do that for what purpose ?) when you dont fix skew

Hi Fnd,

while doing the cts exclude pins (ignore pins) tool will implicitly defined. cases like 1) clock is going to D, RESET, ENABLE etc pins of flap 2) output ports 3) combinatorial inputs etc..
these all cases there is no use to balance the skew am i correct??So tool will only targets the DRVs means trans,cap and fanout. (SKEW and INSERTION DELAYS are IGNORED)

please correct me if wrong

Hi Fnd,

while doing the cts exclude pins (ignore pins) tool will implicitly defined. cases like 1) clock is going to D, RESET, ENABLE etc pins of flap 2) output ports 3) combinatorial inputs etc..
these all cases there is no use to balance the skew am i correct??So tool will only targets the DRVs means trans,cap and fanout. (SKEW and INSERTION DELAYS are IGNORED)

please correct me if wrong

thanks pavan, yes you are right. I found out the answer to some other means also

To add to your points
Cases where the clock is getting divided by two / clock generator ciruits and as you said clock going to data all these places we need not check for skew . Thanks for superb answer

thanks pavan, yes you are right. I found out the answer to some other means also

To add to your points
Cases where the clock is getting divided by two / clock generator ciruits and as you said clock going to data all these places we need not check for skew . Thanks for superb answer

Hi fnd,

Cases where the clock is getting divided by two / clock generator circuit tool will balance the skew.In this case CP pin of the flop,tool can be define implicit NON STOP PIN.

Thanking you,
Praveen

Hi fnd,

Cases where the clock is getting divided by two / clock generator circuit tool will balance the skew.In this case CP pin of the flop,tool can be define implicit NON STOP PIN.

Thanking you,
Praveen

Hey,

check out dynamic macro models. They are used to balance the skew within a clock divider where a through pin is declared on the last flipflop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back