Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless remote control code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzzy

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'm programming a remote relay controller using PIC.

Pic sends serial (rs232) data trough wireless 433MHZ or 868MHZ.

Transmitter sends some code bytes and receiver gets on serial receiver and decode those bytes.

I use a lot of different codes so that receiver can only be swithced on by its own transmitter. receiver stops working in the moment it doesn't receive data from its own transmitter. Transmitter doesn't send a stop code(i think it's more secure).

The problem is that in that way i can't use 2 or more devices couple at the same time in the same place.

Can you suggest me a way to use them at the same time?

Thanks a lot

your problem is like the problem in wireless networks. more than 1 transmitters want to transmite at the same time. the simplest way is use different frequency for each of your transmitter. but if u dont want it your work may become harder cos u have to use reciever with each of your transmitter and implement a TDMA protocol on them.

I know i need a TDMA or something similar.

Which is, in your opinion, the simplest solution? a simple working algorithm for this job. how could work a simple TDMA on PIC?

FDMA is simple cos u only have to use 2 reciever and connect them to micro but TDMA is harder than FDMA. if u can implement TDMA u can use more than 2 transmitter with only 1 reciever. in TDMA only synchoronization is harder section.

Status
Not open for further replies.