Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wide-swing folded-cascode OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulmm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could someone please tell me designing of wide swing folded cascode ota in gpdk 180nm.also give me Theoretical gain calculation of the wide-swing folded-cascode OTA .i have shown here is the model of circuit.

thank you for reply.please can you give me particular and in detail about this op-amp

rahulmm said:
... give me particular and in detail about this op-amp
Hi rahul,

if you follow the links below - and the 2nd links they provide - you'll learn quite a lot about dimensioning of your OTA. Also all the books on Analog Design, e.g. from Allen/Holberg, Baker, Binkley, Grey/Meyer, Kamenzind, Razavi (just to name a few; you can find links to these books in this forum) describe your OTA topology rather detailed and partly with full dimensioning. You can't expect forum members to run the search for you. Even if somebody gave you a particular & detailed circuit diagram this wouldn't be useful for the education process, nor would it help if you wouldn't have the appropriate simulation models.

Moreover, there is not a single solution for such a topology. Depending on requirements like supply voltage, power consumption, gain, bandwidth, load impedance, SNR, PSRR - all depending on the available process technology - the exact circuit topology, especially the dimensioning of the transistors will be quite different. Actually, an infinite number of solutions is possible. So a lot more details are necessary in order to calculate the W/L ratios; supply voltage and one single current aren't enough. And - last not least - the process technology should be known.

Good luck! erikl

once again thank you for your response. can you explain me in detail or any link to calculate gm of the circuit.

rahulmm said:
... calculate gm of the circuit.
\[g_m\ =\ GBW\ \times\ C_L\] ;-) I think this is a good paper to start with:

Attachments

• folded_cascode_ota_designed_through_gm_over_id_9427.pdf
    414.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a moderator:

rahulmm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
gm/Id is a good method,especial for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back