Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sizing of a Fully Diff Folded Cascode

jollorenzo

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody! i have to size all the transistors of a fully diff folded cascode. i have tried for simplicity to use all current mirrors in the biasing circuit 1:1 and to amplify the current only in the folded cascode. I used L = 1u for every transistors, W = 10u for the transistors in the first branch eccept the input ones and W = 5u for the input ones and the ones in the output branch.

logically i supposed that Iout = I1 - Iref/2 where I1 is the current in the two upper transistors in the first branch.

Doing this i will expect an output current equal to the one in the input differential pair but it isnt. i don't know how to size properly the transistors. i also did the math but once in cadence it is all different from the results on paper.

please help me, thank you in advance.

scheme.png
biasing.png
foldedcascode.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back