Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHY DO WE NEED TO CONVERT RF SIGNAL TO BASEBAND SIGNAL??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay007_bond

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert to baseband

WHY DO WE NEED TO CONVERT RF SIGNAL TO BASEBAND SIGNAL??

how to convert signal to baseband

Since at IF it is more simple to filter a signal that is why !.

Paul.

rf signal convert to baseband signal

Because at baseband you don't have the image problem. When you convert to IF you need to filter the image signal using an external SAW filter (very big and very expensive). Working with a ZIFarchitecture there is not problem (but others present, for istance LO leakage). From my point of view if you have to design a receiver very stable (car radio for istance) you have to convert to IF. If you have to design a receiver for cellular it is better to use the ZIF architecture.

By

do we need rf signal

Hi,

I am new to communication engineering. Is there any good link or reference, that can explain to me what r term like RF, IF, Baseband, really mean? I hope to learn more. Thanks.

converting signal to baseband signal

Try "RF Microelectronics" By Behzad Razavi. or "Microwave and RF Design of Wireless Systems" by David M Pozar.

A quick answer to Question: The trend in digital domain is to digitize the RF signal as soon as possible. We are seeing more multiple bit (>8bits) High speed ADC (>2GHz) in the market. Ideally, you just need to include a LNA before the ADC, and after digitization, process the data in digital domain.

Added after 21 seconds:

Try "RF Microelectronics" By Behzad Razavi. or "Microwave and RF Design of Wireless Systems" by David M Pozar.

A quick answer to Question: The trend in digital domain is to digitize the RF signal as soon as possible. We are seeing more multiple bit (>8bits) High speed ADC (>2GHz) in the market. Ideally, you just need to include a LNA before the ADC, and after digitization, process the data in digital domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back