Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to start designing in ASIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
asic designing

where to start in asic design, I have done a projeact in vhdl in chip programming,can any one give me guidance in related field and about asic designing,links where i can find help

asic designing

I think the vhdl coding is a starting step of asic design. You can reference the book of aisc primer for more information of that. I do not know which field you will be interested in, analog or digital, so after you read the book I recommend you will get the answer. This book can be download from this forum.

Re: asic designing

I am interested in digital and i have done a project in arbiter chip degining and hope to get along in the field and know better

asic designing

Try to find a design flow from some vendors.

asic designing

you may also google some tutorial on the web.
ex. many university courses

**broken link removed**
You can find some ASIC building blocks introduction there. ASIC design contains countless sub-topics.Good luck!

The steps fro asic designing

specification
|
HDL coding
|
|
Synthesis with (Technology library)
|
STA
|
place and route
|
mask design sign off

ok bye

asic designing

Look here:

**broken link removed**

hi,

ASIC design is divided into two parts. Front-end and back-end.
Front-end comprises of
a) Design -entry which can be HDL(Verilog or VHDL) or schematic.If schematic generate a netlist of it and append to your final netlist.
b) Then you synthesize the design from RTL to gates.You specify the constraints and synthesize the design according to those constraints.Then you check if the timing is met.This will be done by the synthesis tool itself, or you can use some stand alone timing analysis to do that.
c) Then you may add scan to it (for testability and controllability of the circuit after fabrication).
d) Then you generate ATPG vectors for detecting faults on chip.

Back-end
a) You do the P&R of the complete design
b) Then you do the timing analysis of post-layout netlist to make sure you have the netlist meet the timing.
c) You do physical verification and then you can generate a SPICE netlist and run SPICE on the design if you wanted.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back