Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to start Analog Design?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar_eee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I would like to work in Analog Design field... I have 2+ years in Std cell & custom memory layout and SOC physical Design knowledge/experience..

Please guide me where to start... What are all the stuffs that I need to concentrate?.

Rgds,
Kumar

It is good start with analog circuit design by bezad razavi.
Try to understand the MOS functionality and if tools availabilty is there simulate basic characterstics.

search previous posts, this topic was brought up several times

Steve Bush at an ISSCC discussion in 1997 said:
The conclusions of the evening were that: analogue engineers think RF design is easy, but realise they are wrong; RF designers think they can't learn from analogue designers, and they are wrong; both RF and analogue engineers think digital design is easy, and they are right; finally, the uninitiated cannot judge how difficult microwave design is, because it's magic.

**broken link removed**

kumar_eee said:
Hi All,
I would like to work in Analog Design field... I have 2+ years in Std cell & custom memory layout and SOC physical Design knowledge/experience..

Please guide me where to start... What are all the stuffs that I need to concentrate?.

Rgds,
Kumar

Razavi, Gray, ALLEN books are good for you.

start from read book, then with simple case,
just for bandgap circuit, opamp etal.

Status
Not open for further replies.