Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find information to begin a FPGA implementation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmoctar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga design

I want to get information where can I find information to begin a FPGA implementation, cause I never work with it and now I'm very confused.
thanks

Re: fpga design

Thanks for your links. I'm on the way I just thind a good book for beginners and now I'm on the virtex user guides. But I want to ask what do you think about an implementation of a AM modulator/demodulator with FPGA is there a fpga who is better for this work. Escuse I don't speak english well. MOC

mmoctar said:
I want to get information where can I find information to begin a FPGA implementation, cause I never work with it and now I'm very confused.
thanks

hi,

do you want to learn a language or look at the actual ICs? It reality the practical implementation is the easy part. Meaning what make/model etc

The trick of being badass at this biz is to pick a language and be good at it. Then your design can work on most vendor ICs. Think of it like java withouth all the crap. VHD is really platform independant, nothing like the java nightmare!

For me one of the best books on Verilog (you dont have to pick Verilog) has been Verilog HDL (2nd Edition) (Hardcover) by Samir Palnitkar (Author) :

https://www.amazon.com/Verilog-HDL-..._bbs_sr_1/103-5698422-1782252?ie=UTF8&s=books

~B

I begin now on VHDl , I no that the language is the most important, please if some one have links or book who talk about implementation of AM on fpga, I need ti.....................MOC....................thanx for your help.

Try:
Synplicity web site

J'y suis pour le synplicity,I'haden't find what I want but I will try to fond the best numeric AM for my implementation if some one have an idea......MOC.......thanx

good good, need show detaily your proplem

I'm working on ofdm mo/demo like the 802.11 ieee.
so i'm trying to implement my ifft and fft for modulation.

I need if some no how to get the xilinx block for matlab and simulink, I have matlab 7/simulink but i try to have the xilinx tool for matlab, or the system generator.........thanx....MOC

Status
Not open for further replies.