Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should I learn to become a chip designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_ttc

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello sir,
This is Pradeep electronics science student .I am from india.My area of intrest is chip designing. .My aim is to become an expert in chip designing.i request you to guide me in achiving my goal. can you please tell me about things likewhat are the things should i learn to became an expert and in which areas i should have strong knowledge and from where i have to start an i don't any thing in this field.so please kindly help me in this matter. i will be waiting for your reply
thankyou
--- pradeep----

Re: vlsi beginner

First of all you should decide what types of chips you want to do: analogic, digital or mixed designing.
For digital desing you can start looking to VHDL, Verilog languages.
First of all you can try you powers in working with FPGAs, CPLDs. This will help you to understand very well VHDL and Verilog, and also will create a general feeling about chip designing.

To go at the chip level (for both digital & analog VLSI) you should understand small-signal analysis, frequency response analysis, current source, differential amplifier, current mirrors.... of MOSFETs

The best book in this regard at your level is MICROELECTRONIC CIRCUITS (5e) by SEDRA SMITH.

Also, you need to be well-versed in Verilog or VHDL (or both) and LOGIC DESIGN AND SWITCHING THEORY.

Basically.... I would suggest you to concentrate on your subjects in Microelectronics and Circuit Theory.....and start doing Verilog as soon as you finish your Logic Design course.

hey buddy just start wid verilog hdl as it is quite similar to c++.........
all loops r same.....not dat difficult to understand........then try d implementation part on cplds and fpgas..........

hi
in my view you shold start from learning VHDL or verilog......
after gaining some confidance in that you can start your work.............
rest of things you can learn during project..

Hi,
You can download lectures on VLSI by Prof. Jan M rabaey form University Of California, Berkeley.
Those lectures are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back