Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What range of frequencies would do this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What range of frequencies would a "sound" wave have to be to travel easily through a homes outside walls, throughout the inside of the home (through internal walls) and produce a "sound" that is NOT heard, but causes a popping sensation in a persons ears ? Ear plugs, noise canceling headphones, ear muffs are not at all able to stop these "sound" waves.

I am being bothered by something like this and wish to obtain something that can do this to demonstrate that it is real.

Due to the circumstances, I know that this is battery powered and likely small enough to conceal under a jacket.

Anyone know where I might buy something like this ?

You would need a wireless device that changes the air pressure in your room. Closing a huge door quickly might do it.

A sudden change in air pressure might happen due to outdoor wind changing toward a particular direction, and this pressure is transferred to the interior of the house.

* Causing Bernoulli effect through the attic vents, for instance.
* Or pressurizing an opening around roof eaves.
* Or physically moving something large, such as plastic film installed over a window as winterizing.

I was going to mention distant sonic booms or explosions, but these would be audible.

The human ear is sensitive to pressure changes that amount to a few feet up or down in altitude. This brings to mind the idea of putting a barometer in the room, to indicate objectively what is going on. It will need to be the kind that responds immediately. I'm not sure how fast the dial type operates. You might need to resort to a mercury barometer.

I doubt that anything you are able to conceal under a jacket would be able to generate a sufficiently powerful sub-sonic wave that would be audible through a wall. A transducer to generate such a wave is inherently very large.

Due to the circumstances, I know that this is battery powered and likely small enough to conceal under a jacket.
Which circumstances? A b-picture plot?

Status
Not open for further replies.