Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What potentiometer shaft type are these knobs meant to fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plecto

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found these lovely potentiometer knobs (https://no.mouser.com/datasheet/2/26/aluminum_Knobs-348847-1158343.pdf), but I'm not sure what type of potentiometer shaft types they are supposed to fit. I've specifically bought the KB-series which has two fastening screws, each 120 degrees apart and 120 degrees from the marker. When using a flatted/D-type shaft, the fastening screw has to be 180 degrees from the marker to make the marker point at the current pot position, not 120 degrees. Is it meant to fit one of those knurled type shafts?

Hi,

Hint: use the PDF search "shaft".
It's quite clear. If not, please come back..

Klaus

Do you mean this:

" Fits 1/8" dia. & 1/4" dia. shafts. " ?

Not sure how that helps.

Hi,

It seems I misunderstood the problem.
And still don't know.

For me always worked: using the correct shaft diameter and fasting the screws..

Klaus

When using a flatted/D-type shaft, the fastening screw has to be 180 degrees from the marker to make the marker point at the current pot position

Your Mouser link is an ample assortment of knobs, with various dimensions and styles. Some have the marker 90 or 60 or 180 degrees from a set-screw.

I think it's up to us to determine which arrangement is suitable. We have to make sure there is clearance for working with a screwdriver or allen wrench.

Where you have 2 set-screws, it's well suited to smooth shafts, uniformly circular shafts. It needs the extra gripping power of 2 screws.

The shaft diameter is specified in the product number, 1/4" or 1/8". Consider that 1/4" fits also 6 mm, although a bit loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back