Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What language/software is used for programmable controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

do_rin_entertainment

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
programable controller

hi there. one more problem going on here. i thought about some controllers but none of them was my taste. i think buying a programable controller (some with flash memory) and i will write some code programm and burn it into the chip. anyone knows what language is used for programming them? or what programm ? or what kindda port shall i use for programming it? or some types of programable controlelrs? please...

:D 10x :D

Re: programable controller

Hi,

How about using a big FPGA and make your own controller? If you are a "dady coder" you can do that... If not, forget it :)

Cheers !

DAMM :? those things are expensive...... :? :? :? :? :?

sorry man but my parents are teachers in romania... don't have enough money.....

10x anyway

It depends on your app. You can use uC from Atmel or Microchip. They are really inexpensive and easy to find at any distribuitor in Romania. Code can be written in asm or in C, you can find free compilers/assemblers on the net for both families.

/pisoiu

programable controller

Usually assembly language is used to program a controller. You should know the instruction set. If you dont like assembly, you can also use C language (kiel c). I think the easiest to learn are the controllers of intel 8051 family. There are many micro-controllers that are compatible to the intel 8051 like microcontrollers of atmel, DS and some controllers of philips. If your taste doesnt match with 8051, then you can go toward PIC controllers, PIC controllers are faster because of RISC architecture but i think they are difficult than intel...

If you are a "dady coder" you can do that... If not, forget it

:lol: thats a nice one, dady coder :lol:

i would suggest that u start out with PIC microcontrollers. PIC microcontrollers are RISC architechture microcontrollers so infact they are easier to work with as compared to CISC microcontrollers like the 8051.

go to http://www.winpicprog.co.uk there are great PIC tutorials there. there is also a programmer on that site.

u could also start with the Atmel AVR series of microcontrollers. but i havent worked with them so i cant say anything about them. its just a matter of choice

What is your application ?
Learn asm programming on PICs is very easy :wink:
regards,

What doyou want to ? exactly ! I am from Romania too ! And I work in electronics from many years ! Send me an email.

Don Mario
marimar@pcnet.ro

Status
Not open for further replies.