Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is daisy chain used in automotive CAN

abhishek.2138

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Is daisy chain topology is preferrd or used in automotive CAN network (passenger car application)?
Is bus topology preferred over daisy chain?
Which CAN network topology is preferred in automotive (passenger car application) ?

Hi,

I did not know that there are different topologies for CAN bus.

Did you read CAN bus specification?

Klaus

I think the term daisy chain is inadequate. It's usually referring to a topology where the signal is buffered or repeated inside the device. CAN bus is usually wired as party line with termination at both ends.

I think the term daisy chain is inadequate. It's usually referring to a topology where the signal is buffered or repeated inside the device. CAN bus is usually wired as party line with termination at both ends.
So CAN bus is almost similar to BUS network topology ? Such that every node recieves the messages simulataneously.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: