Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micrcontroller used in commercial Power Supply

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I need to what microcontroller is used in power supply (inverters/dc-dc converter ) applications in commercial systems. While C2000 series from TI is having good support for PWM and control for converters. The Arduino and ESP32 seems to have good peripheral interface such as display key pad. But PWM support in ESP32 is limited to MCPWM and is not having fast interrupt speed. So how to commercial systems such as inverters have both display and also involve complex control function (such as PLL) etc.

My main requirement is control, and display information in LCD. What is the best approach.

PSOC SOC

Here is whats onchip, multiple copies in many cases -

1693336791699.png

Compiler and IDE (PSOC Creator) free.

Excellent board to start with $ 15 :

1693336885280.png

You drag and drop components out of its chip catalog ( a component in PSOC
land is an onchip resource, as shown above). right click,. config them, and for
code each has a rich f() call library you use to maniputale in real time. Then using
simple wire tool wire up internally and out to pins.

3 families from low end, PSOC4, to midrange, PSOC 5LP, and high end dual core
PSOC 6.

You can design additional componnets yourself using schematic capture and/or verilog.
Community has already done stuff like DDS, 74HC logic look alikes, etc....

Some example projects, all basically single chip :

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/mcu-with-programmable-pll.165194/#post-1440967 POST #3

Custom onchip componenty I needed :

Regards, Dana.

Most of invereters (Dc Converters ) done by michrochip Dspic microcontroller . for example Dspic30f2010 , dspic33f seres

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: