Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the TDC(Time To Digital Convertor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeidjabbari

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
First of all what is the TDC and where is use? i need very short period of time(pS) and how can i use TDC ?
finally excuse me about my English.
Thanks for Advice :D

Thanks a lot vipinlal
I'm want to design an high resolution TDC between (20-120 picoseconds), now where can i start to design and what kind of component should i use? can i use ARM or AVR or PIC microcontrollers to this project?

Thanks for Advice

hi saeidjabbari
for use of arm to make a high resolution timer your clock must be >10Ghz. or use of arm pipe line that is hard.
u can search on web "tdc" or "high resolution time to digital converter" to get more information about method of tdc.
most of method based on propagate's delay of logic cell in fpga.

That post was more than a year old. ;)

But that aside ...

for use of arm to make a high resolution timer your clock must be >10Ghz. or use of arm pipe line that is hard.

No you don't. You can do just fine with a regular boring arm, pic or avr. Just google "interpolating time interval counter" and you'll see what I mean. Basically it's charging caps with a known current, and then sampling after the charging has stopped. (after the START/STOP conditions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back