Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the systhesis and timing models of a hard macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

tybhsl

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the systhesis and timing models of a hard macro? How can I generate it for systhesis use later? Thanks

generally speaking, hard macro synthesis and timing model are from the third company.
or from the compiler, eg memory compiler.

Why to do synthesis on Hard-Macro? It is a GDSII, and is a IP for your design.

Hi tybhsl,

We need timing model in Synthesis because we need the hard block's timing info

for surronding blocks. We can get the timing_model from Primetime.

Can anyone comment that is it allowed to do over the block routing for all the hard macros
Vicky

It depends. Some hard marcos are noise sensitive, e.g. specially tailored memory block, and you may not want any signal fly over it.

May be you should usr PT for hard block timing description

it is for convinence of chip level synthesis,
if IP provider don't provide the model, you can consider it as black box
and set timing constraint on boundary.

Thanks everyone!
One more question, if I want to synthesis a top Verilog file in which a hard macro IP is used as one of its submodules, how can I make the Eda tools---design compiler, to recognize this macro sucessfully although I can imagine it as a black box in my mind. Perhaps we need something like the standard cell library to tell the tool that this submodule should be treated as a blackbox. We call it the synthesis models of a hard macro. I mean, if I want design a hard macro for others, how can I generate such models so that others can synthesis it as a submodule? Thanks!

can you help me? I am puzzled at it for a long time. Thanks.

generally speaking, hard ip provider will give you timing model, when use DC, you include your hard ip in link_library

But if am IP provider, how can I generate it for others?

it' s a good subject and useful to me
my question is how to generate the models
just like tybhsl asked!

Please clarify that your design is memory or IP.

I have the some question as above. Who can help me? Thanks.

use synopsys primetime and library compiler

I have heard that you can use synopsys to extract the timming information of an already exisiting macro.

As for creating the timming model I guess the synopsys library compiler should be useful.

You can use ETM or ILM model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back