Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the future of ASIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysam

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We all know right now ASIC is in very much demand. But will this trend continue. The bottlenecks such as low power consumption etc can be solved only by Analog/ Mixed design engineer. In this case will this field have a long run say 10 years down the line.

Senior Members please put in your views.
Thanks

Future of ASIC

there is lot of scope to learn! analog designer wil solve prob !! may be im nt sure ! but chip will hav digital part as well..

design cant be fully analog and more over u will hav to learn analog part if required.

Re: Future of ASIC

I have a query regarding this. I would appreciate, if anyone solves it.

How does the analog and mixed signal design help in reducing bottlenecks (Low power consumption etc.) which occur in ASIC?

It's good topic which is posted by smileysam.

Thanks

Re: Future of ASIC

smileysam said:
We all know right now ASIC is in very much demand. But will this trend continue. The bottlenecks such as low power consumption etc can be solved only by Analog/ Mixed design engineer. In this case will this field have a long run say 10 years down the line.

Senior Members please put in your views.
Thanks

Yes it will be so for AMS design in the next ten years. But in the far future I think optical devices will replace the electronic devices. And from here start the big problem for AMS designers !

Future of ASIC

I disagree with the notion that analog can solve the power problem. Switching vs linear is the very reason digital has dominated chip design in the first place. In almost every aspect of design, everyone wants to digitize a signal as soon as possible to reduce power from a linear circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back