Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is different between NFssb and NFdsb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laperla

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I want to meature NF in my mixer but I know that what different between NFssb and NFdsb is?

DSB occupies twice as much bandwidth as SSB. So I guess a DSB signal has twice the amplitude of a SSB signal. So it depends on the receivers bandwidth, if its designed for DSB but used with SSB, there will be twice the noise but not twice the signal. If the receivers bandwidth is matched to the mode then the noise adds RMS wise, so DSB will have 1.414 X noise but 2 X signal so its better.
Frank

thanks for reply
But now I don't realize that which one is important in design of gilbert cell?
on the other hand SSB and DSB in the same frequency are so different SSB NF=52 and DSB NF=10
why this happen?

Gilbert cell, :- Gilbert cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia To me this is a double balanced mixer. For it to work properly the inputs and the output must be accurately balanced. i.e. for RF a centre tapped transformers are used throughout - this means that the DC bias is fed in through the centre tap. So the question is how are you feeding this device?. Is there a difference between your SSb and your DSB way of feeding it. How are you generating your DSB compared to your SSB?.
Frank

realy I can't understand what you meant
DSB and SSB both of them are measure with outputs of circuit
In this design I used the bleeding current for feeding the circuit and I confuse how I compare SSB and DSB
another thing, for the RF input and LO input circuit has the DC bias

another question

when I draw NFssb vs freq is so diffrenet Nssb vs LO power. Do you why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back