Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a PGA? What are its design criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackson

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PGA

What is a PGA? and what are its design criteria?
:)

Re: PGA

PGA: programable gain amplifier?!

When its appliccation differs,such as video,or
medical,communication...its requirements differs.

i think that is programmable gate array, i think that is the shortest way to say FPGA.
Bye.
G.

programmable gain amplifiers are devices which help to control gain of analog or digital signals through serial or parallel digital i/ps each digital i/p controlling the gain have certain gain factor if there is a 3-bit gain control port you can have 8 different steps of gains. u just need to apply the signal to the input and acheive the desired amplification at the out put with the specific gaincontrol bits. microchip provide a wide range of such amplifiers that you can look at www.microchip.com.

[PGA] programable gain amplifier !

Amplifier gain accept digital circuit control.

Yap.. PGA is Programmable Gain Amplifier... usually used in data acquisition system to have variable gain as a signal conditioner...

PGA

Hi, Sheraz Akhtar, do you have any data about PGA?

PGA

hi,

can anyone please upload documents regarding the same. i want to know in and out about PGAs.

programmable gain amplifier, or called digitally controlled variable gain amplifier (VGA), usually applied to provide constant output amplitude with variable input signal levels, typically used in a Automatic Gain Loop. PGAs are usually presented in the back end of the receiver (before ADC, baseband), while analog controlled VGAs are used in front-end of the receiver (RF band, just after the LNA). The key specificatoins are gain variation range, linearity, dB-linear gain control charactersitic, and other specs used in OpAmp/RF amp. Design a wide-range, low-distortion, low-power (especially for mobile applications) PGA is not an easy job. For example, in wideband receiver (vedio) before a 12-bit ADC, PGA with THD less than (6*12+1.8)=74dB is required, typically dB-linear range is 30dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.