Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to know about x_ilinx chip scop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Farouk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one guid me to know abpout Xilinx Chip scop utility

Hi,

A xilinx salesman told me that this tool permits you to probe internal signals after synthesis, in the RTL schematics...

I've never used it.

:)

it's just like a logic analyzer embeded inside the fpga. The triggers are primitive

you can download their demo version to have a try. You can use the demo version for quite long(maybe 3 months). With this tools you can read out the status of internal signal by the JTAG cable. It also supports plot the inported data versus time or versus each other. You can also export the data to do further analysis. So for data intensive application(like DSP) it is quite useful.

regards

More news about chip scope :

I've it working. It uses a lot of embeded memory block of your FPGA.
Registers are sampled with the global clock of the design.
I'm not sure that this tool is practical to use because it is impossible to implement in "touchy" design (high density design with few resource left).

:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back