Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VISIO 2002 problem - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

eirp

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
visio math

Hi!

Exactly I have 2 problems..
1)
I'm using VISIO 2002 professional and need vector output only (.eps).
Then I employ Acrobat Distiller to convert into .pdf and include into pdfLaTeX.
I have serious problem with exporting math symbols. If I export picture as .eps with math symbols (Symbol, Math1 fonts), math symbols are missing (in both .eps and .pdf) !! Exporting into .gif or another non-vector format is OK.

2)
Curves are exported with very low quality - they're built from segments, I need it more smoother.. But this isn't so important as problem 1)

Please help me, I need to prepare some figures for my papers and don't like to write alpha, theta :roll:

Thank you in advance,
Eirp

PS: I also welcome your recommendation of another easy-to-use program for preparing technical figures under Win...

visio software problem

Did you consider trying the other tools, like the smart draw? Maybe your problem can be solved.

Good luck

visio 2002 saving problems

edaguest said:
Did you consider trying the other tools, like the smart draw? Maybe your problem can be solved.

Good luck

No, I didn't yet - I don't know another. Visio looks very friendly to me and I saw many books with it's nice figures. Except Win and Outlook it's one M$ soft I'm using.
I appreciate your recommendation of other SW or help in my problems..
Eirp

visio print problem

Hi, eirp

The SmartDraw is very simples to used too, and it is similar to Visio of functions, just for you reference. you can refer to here.

have a nice day.

visio 2002 professional eps

hi u

my advice is too use a pdf printer driver

it will deliver a file and print via the standard system

in pdf format also shrunk too the web versions

easy stuff

i found it by using string
pdf printer driver
on google

pdflatex includegraphics visio

Yes, best solution is use PDF or PostScript printer driver, but dont forget to set the option of include all fonts.

NeuralC

visio 2002 reference problem html

neuralc said:
Yes, best solution is use PDF or PostScript printer driver, but dont forget to set the option of include all fonts.

NeuralC

Hi!

Problem is solved...
Yes, I forget pdf printer (I have one from Acrobat5 full installed). It gives really the best quality..
But - it wasn't so easy when using with pdflatex. Bounding box was missing in .eps. So I decided to print first to .ps.
Then I use gsview to convert .ps to .eps with automatic calculating the bounding box. Although bounding box is calculated, resulting .pdf is still unbounded! --> I edited .eps, converted to .pdf with Distiller and used calculated bounding box (6-th line in .eps) %%BoundingBox: 16 577 285 837 with pdflatex:
\includegraphics [bb=16 577 285 837,scale=xx]
Result is 100% better than saving .eps from Visio..
Thank you for help!
Eirp

microsoft visio 2002 eps convert figure

Hello!

I think that Microsoft doesn't have big interest in format conversion since they make Visio Viewer. What do you think, could that be thrue? I have also problems when I print let say enegenering dimensions and the meassures(text) wich are verticaly oriented are printed in boxes. So you have same proble,?

Regards!

visio 2002 pdf printer

tjalps said:
Hello!

I think that Microsoft doesn't have big interest in format conversion since they make Visio Viewer. What do you think, could that be thrue? I have also problems when I print let say enegenering dimensions and the meassures(text) wich are verticaly oriented are printed in boxes. So you have same proble,?

Regards!

I've had problem only when saving .eps from Visio.
If I use printing via virtual Postscript printer (Acrobat Distiller), there's no problem. It looks as at the screen.
Rgz,
Eirp

visio eps greek letter

Is it the same with VISIO 2002?

Regards!

visio 2002 driver

does anyone know how to create the stencil for the visio

visio 2002 fonts issue

pm me if you know, because i can't find any help from visio's website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search