Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verdi GUI addsignal command line option

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepj

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am debugging a design using Verdi. In nWave, instead of adding signals from GUI,

can I run a command somehow to add following signals to nWave:

addSignal -h 15 -UNSIGNED -HEX /soc_tb/soc/*/xyzIP/*payload[15:0]
addSignal -h 15 -UNSIGNED -HEX -holdScope *eom

I have to find several scopes across the SOC and several signals as shown in example above.

How can I do this from GUI or from any command prompt that I can bring up within Verdi

According to my understanding, nWave doesn't have a command line interface. It fact, it seems to be unnecessary. After all, debugging is an interactive process. Unless you already have a list of signals in your mind, which you would like to pre-load into nWave. If it's so, then you can modify signal.rc file and load it into nWave when you open the program.

Second, if you want to view signals across several scope of the chip, you can do it easily with verdi. Let say you want to know why the valid signal is asserted at 1026.5 ns, you simply double-click on the rising-edge of iot_out. Verdi will automatically lead you to the corresponding source code (across multiple hierarchies):

01.PNG

If you further double-click on cnt_gray, verdi will further lead you to the driver of the signal:

02.PNG

If you want to view the waveform of gray_cnt, left-click on the signal to highlight it, hit Ctrl-W to add it to the nWave window:

03.PNG

Is this what you want? I think these features are already useful enough?

Reactions: mr_ja

mr_ja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back