Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

upf or cpf in simple way to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

logiclife

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi palz,

***********comment on my thesis regarding upf and cpfs***********

In my thought of writing upf/cpf commands is like (just imagine) genertating power supply to a town
the main design is like town
set_scope town
each sub_domain is like a house,hospital,factory etc
create_power_domain hospital -domain {hospital}
creating power supply ports is like placing transformer

creating power nets is like alloting current cables around the town

connecting power nets is like connecting cables to your home pins
creating ground nets is like alloting ground to your home

level shifter are like step up or step down transformers between areas

isolation cells are like giving power to operation theatre in a hospital in town irrespective of power supply ICU's in hospital should always switch on the power.

on the above i missed the topic called retention cell.The concept of retention cells is to save and restore the (instead of supplying x values )data values prior to cascaded partially power shut off block.let us assume a lamp which works with solar energy during day time its power is shut off.In such case solar energy is saved with the help of solar panels. during night times lamp have to glow so the energy is restores lamp glows.
similarly the concept of retention cells,a retention block is placed prior to the power on/off block saving the values in shadow flop and restoring the values when ever power is on to the power domain.

Last edited:

interesting way to look at it.. so whats the query / concern or thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back