Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Understanding the Logic Behind a 3-Phase Autostarter: Circuit Diagram Analysis and ADC Implementation

Shivu_

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello forum members!

I am currently working on a 3-phase auto starter project and would greatly appreciate your expertise and guidance. My objective is to detect the presence of all three phases by using one phase as a reference. The microcontroller I am using for this project is the Holtek HT66F0021 IC.

I am specifically looking for assistance with the technique to detect the presence of all three phases using this IC. If anyone has experience with this particular microcontroller or has insights into phase detection methods, I would be grateful for your input.

Please share any relevant code, resources, or suggestions that can help me accomplish this task successfully. Your support will contribute greatly to the development of this 3-phase auto starter project.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and contributions!

ckt diagram new.PNG

Hello fellow forum members,

I'm seeking assistance in understanding the logic behind a 3-phase autostarter circuit. I've attached a circuit diagram (photo) to provide a visual reference for discussion purposes.

In this circuit, I noticed that the 3-phase inputs are directly connected to a microcontroller (MCU) via two series resistors. The MCU utilizes its built-in ADC (Analog-to-Digital Converter), with one phase serving as a reference and the other two phases as input signals.

My main question revolves around the mechanism by which the MCU detects and interprets the 3-phase inputs using this configuration. I'm particularly interested in comprehending the logic and steps involved in the ADC implementation for this autostarter circuit.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, explanations, or resources that can shed light on the functioning of this circuit. Feel free to provide explanations, diagrams, or even code snippets if they can help illustrate the concept effectively.

Thank you in advance for your valuable contributions!

Note: Please ensure that your responses are clear and detailed, as I am keen to gain a comprehensive understanding of the topic.

Hi,

The schematic is a mess.
The circuit is against a lot of electronics design rules.(power supply, bypass capacitiors, uC input voltage range...)

And I doubt that your information about ADC usage is true ... I can't see how this should be able to work as described.

My recommendation:
* contact the person who drew this schematic
* or use a more reliable schematic

Klaus

Last edited:
Detect time between consecutive peaks (positive polarity) of phase #1 (reference). Time between two peaks tells you motor speed.

Peaks of three waveforms should be spaced 120 degrees apart.

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back