Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"udemy" IT technical courses - have an impact for perception of employee

FlyingDutch

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Forum,

I want to ask if completing the "udemy" technical courses and obtaining a certificate of completion, impact the employer's perception of the employee. I found several of these courses interesting from the point of view of my work. For example, I have finished such courses:

ARM Assembly Language From Ground Up™ 1​

x86 Assembly Language Programming From Ground Up™​

Mastering Microcontroller and Embedded Driver Development​

Function Acceleration on FPGA with Vitis-Part 1: Fundamental​

FPGA Embedded Design, Part 4 - Microprocessor Design​

Write Your Own Operating System From Scratch - Step by Step

PLC Programming - Structured Programming and Design Patterns​

I have dealt with these topics before, but these courses introduced a lot of new things that I didn't know before. Working with the source code of the projects was particularly important and interesting (especially programs in x64 assembly: FPU usage, MMX instructions, SSE Extensions, Advanced Vector Extensions). I am wondering if from an employer's perception completing such courses matters at all?
What is your opinion - please share it with me.

Best Regards

Pointed out to an interviewer, stated clearly in resume as "ONGOING" self starter
education I would say yes its a positive attribute for a potential candidate.

Regards, Dana.

It will add some points to your CV of course. That will keep you ahead. Before enrollment, see the reviews of the courses. Also try to find out if any of your friends did that course. Hopefully, they will give you honest reviews.

Hello Forum,

I want to ask if completing the "udemy" technical courses and obtaining a certificate of completion, impact the employer's perception of the employee. I found several of these courses interesting from the point of view of my work. For example, I have finished such courses:

ARM Assembly Language From Ground Up™ 1​

x86 Assembly Language Programming From Ground Up™​

Mastering Microcontroller and Embedded Driver Development​

Function Acceleration on FPGA with Vitis-Part 1: Fundamental​

FPGA Embedded Design, Part 4 - Microprocessor Design​

Write Your Own Operating System From Scratch - Step by Step

PLC Programming - Structured Programming and Design Patterns​

I have dealt with these topics before, but these courses introduced a lot of new things that I didn't know before. Working with the source code of the projects was particularly important and interesting (especially programs in x64 assembly: FPU usage, MMX instructions, SSE Extensions, Advanced Vector Extensions). I am wondering if from an employer's perception completing such courses matters at all?
What is your opinion - please share it with me.

Best Regards
In Canada INDEED is great, for job hunting with keywords like above. Toronto has lots of jobs that need these.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back