Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turbo Timer using PIC16F887

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimtrox

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
turbo timer schematic

Hello to Everyone.

I am completely new to this forum. I really enjoy reading the projects and solutions. It's really nice. Thanks for this forum.

Im also a beginner of PIC Microcontroller and i know a little bit of C language. And I'm thinking for a project this so called Turbo Timer for my crosswind vehicle. Im already impatient every time I park my car because i need to wait for 3 minutes before I can off my car because if i'm going to shut off the engine right away, it will slowly destroy the turbo intercoller. Hope you could help me with this because I dont know where to start. I just bought an EasyPIC5 Development board and a mikroC compiler because somebody told me that there are lots of sample projects in there. But i cant find any of such turbo timer project.

Anyway, here's the idea of the project. When the key is ON position, there's a relay that will redirect the wiring connection of ignition of the car to the wiring connection of turbo timer, and during this time, the the turbo timer is ON, the 7 segment LED will lit and display a default time of 3, which means, 3 minutes. but there should be a button to set it manually to 2 minutes or 1 minute. When the engine starts, the turbo timer still ON. When you try to switch the key to Ignition Off (note: Turbo Timer is linked with ignition switch), Turbo timer starts to work, the engine is still running but the key position is OFF. but after 3 minutes, the engine will automatically OFF.

Hope you can help me with the schematic diagram and the C source code. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.