Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor direct replacements: 2N3440 and 2N5415

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiomik

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Am trying to find direct replacements for the 2N3440 and 2N5415 TO39 cased transistors to use in an update of an old design. Both of these are now appearing as 'obsolete' from suppliers and Ebay isn't an option!

Either TO39 or Plastic cased flat-pack types will be suitable as a new PCB is being developed.

However it is important that the parameters of the replacement devices are as close as possible to the originals, especially gain, Ft, Icmax, Vce, Ptot, etc.

thanks in advance

Mik

Last edited:

My 96 equivalent book gives:
For 2N3440: BC168/183/238/548
For 2N5415: BFT199(A,B), BFT28A...C, MJ5415/16

E-design
thanks, but I certainly wouldn't trust your equivalents book!
All of the BCxxx suggestions on lookup are far too low voltage, current and power rating!

The 2N3440 and 2N5415 are complimentary 250V types and 1 Amp max devices, and I cant find the BFT types or the MJ one in supplier lists :-(

thanks anyway
Mik

There's no direct replacement. But both types are still available from catalog distributors, e.g. Farnell.

A functional replaclement would go either for lower or higher power transistors and possibly SMD types.

As FvM said, the findchips.com search engine shows many distributors.

Thanks for the replies, did think that there isn't a direct replacement after looking hard so thought asking on here could be useful

Mik

Metal-can transistors will become collectibles pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back