Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask: Can ac gain & phase function in Direct Plot of Virtuoso ADEL help me to plot the differential input amplifier's gain & Phase?

ianmas

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am a student learning the virtuoso recently. It's my first time posting a question. Hope everything is all fine.

I was designing a differential input and single-ended output folded-cascode amplifier. When I studied how to get AC gain and phase online, I found the method that runs AC simulation and uses Direct Plot - AC gain & Phase to get the result. But, when I tried this function, I found I could only click two nodes: Vout and one of the input nodes, I cannot choose both input nodes. Then, is the result already the differential gain? Or I should run .ac and send Vout, VIP, and VIN to the calculator to calculate gain and phase by myself. Thanks!

*For VIP and VIN setting, I set both DC value = 1.2V, and VIP ac magnitude = 500mV, VIN ac magnitude = -500mV. I also tried to set VIP ac magnitude = 1V, and VIN ac magnitude = 0V

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back