Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Phase Plot in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

atancic

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have a design of a LPF however I can't seem to be able to find a way to plot phase against frequency. Does anyone have an idea how to do this in proteus?
Thanks

Solution
There's a LP filter simulation in Proteus examples, plotting magnitude and phase. Just open it.

More generally, any SPICE simulator variant can do it in AC analysis. I suggest to use a free simulator like LTSpice.
Amplitude (or attenuation) is an aspect of filter performance. By examining attenuation you might relate it to the plot of frequency vs phase.
(Example: 45 degrees happens to occur at the 3dB cut-off frequency.)

Or what about phasor diagrams? That involves trigonometry. It's inter-related to filter performance. It may be suitable for plotting frequency vs phase.

Helpful video:

Analog Filters - Basics, First Order, Ideal Filters, RC Low Pass, Phasor Diagram, Bode Plot​

(Example: 45 degrees happens to occur at the 3dB cut-off frequency.)

Yes - however, for a first-order filter only.
As another example: A second-order low- or highpass has a phase shift of 90 deg at the pole frequency (which is not necessarily identical to the 3dB-cutoff frequency)

There's a LP filter simulation in Proteus examples, plotting magnitude and phase. Just open it.

More generally, any SPICE simulator variant can do it in AC analysis. I suggest to use a free simulator like LTSpice.

atancic

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Solution

Thanks a lot, it gave me an insight on how to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back