Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Optimization commands in Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb_cancer

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am new to Magma Tool Flow. My query is - if in a design the Timing is not met in FixCell Stage, what are the Timing Optimization commands used to improve on it. Thanks!

Hi, Please try to run the 'fix opt global' command. You should make sure your constraint is done and so relax for external paths. Send me the timing reports if you want to get more details.
, denmos
vinh.camau@gmail.com

Hi,
Fix cell is a set of commands, which does global placement and timing optimizations. You can run fix opt global for timing optimization after fix cell and also individual commands like run gate speed $m $l , run optimize size $m likewise...but first of all you have to analyze the violating paths, and use the appropriate command options to optimize the timing.

Uday

Thanks for Your Responses. Unfortunately I dont have the reports of Violating Paths... I was told then that some Timing Optimization commands were Run to fix them! That is the reason for this query...
Also, as an extension to the present question, Is it valid to run - run place timing commands if the Timing is not met after CTS? & are the timing optimization commands used in pre-CTS valid even after post-CTS also?

Yes, You can use these optimization commands post-CTS also. In that case you can use the options like dont_move_reg for some of the commands, which optimizes only combo logic with out moving the flops.

Uday

Hi,

To do the post cell or even post clock optimization you can use "fix opt global" command with proper optimization options and weight. Pls go through the man pages and check the types of the path which are failing in ur design and analyze them.

It may help you.

Thanks..

HAK..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back